Error: Missing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by package hylafax

Offline jaffer

• +0/-0
i am getting errror when i try to install hylafax
Error: Missing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by package hylafax

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
Jaffer

from the number and the type of your post I guess you are a linux-novice..

so, please, Please, PLEASE, read CAREFULLY the documentatione and, if something goes wrong:
- don't post only the problem, post what are you doing
- don't open many 3ad for the same problem

now, back to your problem, what are you doing and how?

Stefano

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
so, please, Please, PLEASE, read CAREFULLY the documentatione and, if something goes wrong:
- don't post only the problem, post what are you doing

And please post only to the correct forum. Hylafax is not included in the SME server CD, so this thread is off-topic for the SME Server 7.x forum.

Offline jaffer

• +0/-0
i have installed hylafax-4.3.4-1rhel4.i386f or sme7.3
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 05:57:57 PM »
i have installed hylafax-4.3.4-1rhel4.i386f or sme7.3 but i was getting error  Error: Missing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by package hylafax than i download and installed hylafax-4.4.4-1rhel4.i386.rpm but it is nor working pls help how to configure hylfax which version and how

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
And please post only to the correct forum. Hylafax is not included in the SME server CD, so this thread is off-topic for the SME Server 7.x forum.

you are right.. could a moderator please move this 3ad on the right forum? TIA
Stefano

Offline mercyh

• +0/-0
    • http://mercyh.org
Jaffer,

I don't use Hylafax but did you use this howto?

http://wiki.contribs.org/HylaFax

Offline e[nt]e

• +0/-0
Re: i have installed hylafax-4.3.4-1rhel4.i386f or sme7.3
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 06:07:05 PM »
i have installed hylafax-4.3.4-1rhel4.i386f or sme7.3 but i was getting error  Error: Missing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by package hylafax than i download and installed hylafax-4.4.4-1rhel4.i386.rpm but it is nor working pls help how to configure hylfax which version and how

Did you follow this How-to?
http://wiki.contribs.org/HylaFax

Edit: Oops, too late  :P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 06:08:37 PM by e[nt]e »
1984 wasn't meant to be a manual.

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
Re: i have installed hylafax-4.3.4-1rhel4.i386f or sme7.3
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »

You don't say HOW (che command) you installed hylafax.

Another question: have you searched on the wiki, howtos and faqs before trying to install it?

Ciao

Stefano

Offline byte

• +2/-0
Moving this topic to the SME 7.x contribs forum, it is more appropriate there. Thanks!
--[byte]--

Have you filled in a Bug Report over @ http://bugs.contribs.org ? Please don't wait to be told this way you help us to help you/others - Thanks!

Offline jaffer

• +0/-0
Error: Missing Dependency: rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by package hylafax i got this error when i was installing prophylaxes hylafax-4.3.4-1rhel5.i386  pls do help me i didnt find any solution yet and one more thing my modem i not getting detected it is built in modem gigabyte but i try with external modem u.s.robotic as well but in the server modem is not showing pls do help

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
Jaffer

IMO you are asking for help but you don't read the answers..

have you followed the howto?

FYI, SME is based on CentOS 4.X that is rhel4; you can't install rhel5 rpms

Ciao
Stefano