Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

netlogon - client PC setup

admin

netlogon - client PC setup
« on: November 26, 2000, 05:44:35 AM »
I'm hoping someone can clear up an issue I have with the netlogon RPM I've recently installed on a test machine.

The NETLOGON share appears as expected when browsing the network but the netlogon.bat is not triggered as part of the client PC login. Should this not be executed upon login automatically or do I need to make the call in the Windows Startup Group or something? I'm assuming it is called automatically a la NT.

There doesn't appear to be any protection problems as I can later on explore the folder from the Win98 machine and double click the .bat file to run it and it works fine.

Now I still have the Windows client PC setup as a workgroup,  workgroup is workgroup (Control Panel, Network, Identification tab) while the Client for Microsoft Networks properties has the Logon to NT Domain cleared.  I have tried checking that and using both the WORKGROUP & E-SMITH values too - no luck. The E-Smith server is setup as Workgroup: workgroup, Server: e-smith, Domain Controller: Yes. The server is running 4.01 upgrade + the netlogon addon.

Thanks in advance for any assistance in clarifing the setup.