Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Zope

mischa

Zope
« on: October 24, 2000, 10:46:45 PM »
Has anyone been able to install a Zope-Server on e-smith? I think this would be a rather heavenly mix.
Since yesterday I have e-smith up and running for a group of 60 new students wîthout any problem and now I am a bit afraid of destroying this lovely setup by playing with additional rpm's. Therefore this humble question to more experienced e-smiths, before I do stupid mistakes!

THANX

Mischa

toad

RE: Zope
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2000, 01:57:31 AM »
May I suggest a test-only setup for your future e-smith plans.  The golden rule for me with computers is:
If it's working, leave it the f**k alone.
I always work like the Debian Linux team and the Linux Kernel hackers.  Stable Debian is currently Potato, while for the more adventurous their is the ever changing and unstable Woody.
The kernel hackers, as you might well know, use the current 2.2 as stable and 2.3 (now actually 2.4pre) as the unstable development platform.
Good luck.  And long live e-smith.

m.schaub

RE: Zope is running without any problem
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2000, 01:29:28 PM »
Against toad's warning i tried installing zope and I was lucky! Everything works just fine, after installing the binary and running install.sh. Remember, that you should unpack and install it as a normal user, not as superuser.
So you better get and fetch zope quickly from www.zope.org
Mischa