Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

glftpd 1.22 & e-smith problems?!

Adam Meghji

glftpd 1.22 & e-smith problems?!
« on: October 13, 2000, 01:47:55 AM »
Hi.

I'm having problems getting glftpd 1.22 working with e-smith 4.0 (based on rh6.1). I'm trying to move an ftp site onto this new gateway, but I'm having problems getting glftpd to respond. I'm not sure if it's an e-smith issue, a config issue, or a glftpd issue.

I have glftpd running through rlinetd.conf, here's my entry:
service "glftpd"
{
protocol tcp;
user "root";
server "/usr/sbin/tcpd";
exec "/glftpd/bin/glftpd -l -o -i";
}

when I try to ftp to the site, I get the following message:
[root@CR824463-A /]# ftp localhost 8000
Connected to localhost.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

I'm using the default glftpd.conf file located in /etc, the latest libc6 binaries, and I've run through the documentation several times. I'm basically at a loss. Does anyone have any advice/tips? anyone gotten glftpd working on e-smith?

Feedback appreciated,
marmalade@home.com

Adam Meghji

RE: glftpd 1.22 & e-smith problems?!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2000, 05:38:34 AM »
Alright ..

A little update on this problem:  as it stands, I know that rlinetd works perfectly fine, and it connects the client to the server...
After that, I think something happens when running glftpd, and it must be an e-smith issue.  glftpd may crash and therefore give the client the "421 Service not available" message, or might not be running properly.  

Has anyone else gotten glftpd to work on e-smith 4.0?  The two might be incompatible??

marmalade@home.com

Dan

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2000, 10:21:09 PM »
You might want to look at your /etc/glftpd.conf and make sure the data path is correct(very touchy path variables). It sounds to me that the daemon itself just crashes after trying to locate actual binaries. Check it out and see what happens.

dancpd@yahoo.com

Anders

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 08:02:11 PM »
Hi Adam

Did you resolve this problem???

becource I got the same problem......