Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

configuration file

Dan Elkins

configuration file
« on: September 01, 2000, 07:52:27 PM »
My config file only has 6 lines in it.  Which is why I think I might be having problems with my www server.  How can I create a new blank one?  When I try to run the "Configure this server and gateway" from the console it starts by asking me to "Select ethernet drivers" which is able to detect my NIC then it goes to "Select ethernet card assignment" which I select normal.  Then it goes to "Select operation mode" which I choose no. "3. Server-only - dedicated".  Then it goes to "Select gateway IP address", and I type in my gateway.  This is where it goes nuts.  It It goes in a loop of asking me to "Select operation mode" and "Select gateway IP address"

How can I recreate the config file?  Can someone send me theirs so I can fill it out manually?

Dan

Charlie Brady

RE: configuration file
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2000, 08:03:30 PM »
Dan Elkins wrote:

> My config file only has 6 lines in it.  Which is why I think I
> might be having problems with my www server.

Seems likely :-)

> How can I create a new blank one?

Run:

/sbin/e-smith/reset-config

> This is where it goes nuts.  It It goes in a loop of asking me to
> "Select operation mode" and "Select gateway IP
> address"

Make sure that you are running e-smith 4.0 final. There was a looping bug in some of the beta releases. Are you running one of those?

Charlie

Dan Elkins

RE: configuration file
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2000, 11:04:39 PM »
Tha worked.  The config file was recreated and I was able to take all the way through the setup.  Now the e-smith-manager dosn't show any of my users, groups or ibays.  Users are still able to login and get mail and the ibays are still there.

I looked in /home/e-smith/accounts and it dosen't show all of the accounts on the computer.  Is there a way to recreate or rebuild the accounts file?

Is there documentation on the all of the e-smith templates?

Thanks for the help.

Dan