Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Spamassassin installation problem

John Sequeira

Spamassassin installation problem
« on: September 02, 2003, 07:26:41 PM »
I'm having some trouble with Spamassassin and 5.6.

I've installed the SA rpm,  and confirmed that spamd is up and running with ps.  It's not clear that it's doing anything yet (i.e. much spam still arrives).  When I go to the user-manager panel,  I don't get the option to deliver locally via procmail.  

I believe I need a ~/.procmailrc file for the users who need filtering (is that true?),  but I've been unable to figure out how to expand the procmailrc template.  lazy-administrator toolkit didn't do it... I'm pretty sure I can adapt the qmail processTemplate example in the docs to my needs,  but it seems like I'm missing something.

Also,  where can I check the logs of spamd to see what got filtered?

Bill

Re: Spamassassin installation problem
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 10:26:58 PM »
You need to install the user-panel contrib before that feature becomes available. Then you will need to configure the user-panel to display the process mail option for each user on your system. Then finally, you need to have each user set delivery via procmail in their user panel.

Good luck, the contrib should be on several of the support sites.

Bill

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 10:27:41 PM »
You need to install the user-panel contrib before that feature becomes available. Then you will need to configure the user-panel to display the process mail option for each user on your system. Then finally, you need to have each user set delivery via procmail in their user panel.

Good luck, the contrib should be on several of the support sites.

Dave Liquorice

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 12:12:45 AM »
Yep, that is what is required it is documented but only in a posting here somewhere.

Also finding the required user panel contrib is not that easy. The terms "user panel", "user manger" and "user management" seem to be  used to refer to different products on an ad hoc basis.  At least I got very confused when looking the other week...

What you want is the GPL (aka free) user panel download from www.dungog.net, together with the two perl RPMs in the same place.

Cheers
Dave.