Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Per user limits in qmail

Bob MacDonald

Per user limits in qmail
« on: February 15, 2003, 04:37:27 PM »
Hi,
I have a client using SME 5.12 and we would both like to know if it is possible to limit message size and/or acceptable file attachment types on a per user basis. The per user basis is important since it is necessary for some users to be able to receive large email messages & certain file types while at the same time restrict other users.
I am looking for a solution that may be configuration options, supported or non-supported add-ons.

All help appreciated.

psypher

Please can somebody urgently reply to this!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 12:13:38 PM »
It's been 4 years, now I would like and answer to this question. Can it be done? Email limiting on incoming and outgoing email on a per user basis?? Managers need big limits, lower level employees need smaller. Please help??

Offline bpivk

• +0/-0
    • http://www.bezigrad.com
Per user limits in qmail
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 01:33:29 PM »
Email limiting on incoming and outgoing email on a per user basis??

Well quotas would do that. You can set the limit for each user's account. Would this do?

But that's not what the other poster was asking for.
"It should just work" if it doesn't report it. Thanks!

psypher

Per user limits in qmail
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
No i'm asking the same thing. I don't want email mailbox limit, ie the size your mailbox is allowed to be, i need to restrict email and their attachements going in and out of a network. Eg if manager send a 10mb file then let it go, if employee send anything over 1MB then stop it.

thanks 4 the quick response