Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Dynamic DNS Service Question: DNS2Go

Jim Danvers

Dynamic DNS Service Question: DNS2Go
« on: January 23, 2003, 03:29:54 AM »
Hey all...

You guys provided great help with my previous post concerning getting regular users ssh access to the box.  I have since called my brother and tested this and all is fine - for the most part.  I had to have him connect via IP as I don't currently have the box using my dns provider for name resolution.  I have been using what used to be a free service called DNS2Go by Deerfield Communications.  They went to a pay model, and offered existing customers a really good purchase price, so I purchased.  I have previously been running the client software on 'regular' built mandrake and/or redhat boxes that I built and cfg'd myself, and I installed/cfg'd the software per thier provided readme-instructions.  Now I'm running E-Smith v5.6 and am hoping to get it going again.  I have searched around a bit, and have only managed to come up with a few hits - all are based on previous versions of both E-Smith and the DNS2Go client software.  I'm hoping that perhaps there is someone in here that is/does use this same provider or can perhaps point me in the right direction so that I can get it running?  This link: ---->  http://linux.made-to-order.net/article129.html  is the most promising one I have found yet, but again - based on the time stamp that that info was posted I can only assume that the info is for earlier versions of both the server and the client s/w.

Thanks in advance folks!  ;)

-=- jd -=-