Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

MyPHPNuke 1.8.8-1 *** nuked ***

James Redfern

MyPHPNuke 1.8.8-1 *** nuked ***
« on: September 25, 2002, 07:51:53 AM »
I used Update System to install dmc-mitel-myphpnuke-1.8.8.-1.noarch.rpm without errors.  Looked good but I thought I'd change the theme, so after having read the manual for 30 minutes, logged in as "God" and selected a yellow one.  It started to load and then stopped with just a header.  And that's as far as I got.

Now I have no access to the interface or admin as there are no working links on the page.  No amount of clicking, refreshing or swearing at it seems to work.  

Any ideas?  

I even tried to uninstall it but RPM reports an error and says it isn't installed.  

It seems I'm damned if I do and damed if I don't!

JR.

Garret

Re: MyPHPNuke 1.8.8-1 *** nuked ***
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 08:05:29 AM »
Not good :-(

1. The version that the RPM was made from has been upgraded a number of times since and includes better debugging features.

2. Sounds like you are missing some files. Was everything looking good before you attempted to change the theme?

3. Not sure but I would imaging Darrell had the RPM install in something like /opt/myphpnuke?

4. Assuming the above is true, and assuming that everything was fine before the theme change, have a look at /admin/original/config.php in your myphpnuke folder, you should be able to change the default theme back to another theme kept in the /themes folder.

5. Have I made any sense? You can get the latest files from http://myphpnuke.com .

E-mail me at admin@ruffdogs.com if you have any more questions or if I haven't been clear. myPHPNuke is our project.

Thanks

Garret

Jim Hale

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2002, 08:21:03 AM »
Either log in as anon or edit the config.php (which should be in the root of the site) and change the default theme to something else.

Same thing happened to me. I wanted to compare myPHPNuke 1.88 to PHP-Nuke (I'm sticking with PHP-Nuke which just released 6.0)

James Redfern

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2002, 08:33:31 AM »
Garret wrote:
>
> Not good :-(

Its a bit of a bugger aint it?

> 1. The version that the RPM was made from has been upgraded a
> number of times since and includes better debugging features.
>
> 2. Sounds like you are missing some files. Was everything
> looking good before you attempted to change the theme?

For the 5-10 minutes I had to look around, it looked great and worked fine.  More than that I cannot say.

> 3. Not sure but I would imaging Darrell had the RPM install
> in something like /opt/myphpnuke?

/opt/groupware/myphpnuke/...

> 4. Assuming the above is true, and assuming that everything
> was fine before the theme change, have a look at
> /admin/original/config.php in your myphpnuke folder, you
> should be able to change the default theme back to another
> theme kept in the /themes folder.

It was Duke2 that did the damage.  There only appears to be one file, the header, in that directory.  OK, changed it to cyan and its working again now. But if there are files missing in Duke2 there are probably others missing too.  Hmmm.

> 5. Have I made any sense? You can get the latest files from
> http://myphpnuke.com .

You sure did Garret.  Or at least so far.  

Many thanks.

JR.

James Redfern

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2002, 08:34:29 AM »
Thanks to Garret's speedy reply I am back up and limping again.

JR.

Garret

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2002, 08:39:12 AM »
Visit http://themes.myphpnuke.com
You'll find around 100 :-)

They should all work with your version.

Garret

P.S.

Although it is frowned upon by thoses who lurk these boards :-)

I and many others have great success with installing in ibays.

Our company hosts better than 50 MPN sites on e-smith servers using ibays. We have NEVER had one hacked.

Garret