Koozali.org formerly Contribs.org

Pre upgrade ponderings

Re: Pre upgrade ponderings
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2021, 04:51:53 PM »
next time, check httpd/error_log

might encounter php74 fpm not reachable

if it is this a simple
systemctl restart php74-php-fpm.service

but still this should not happen.

I've left it up and running for a couple of days and all seems OK. I've not been able to reproduce the problem so fingers crossed it's was an anomaly.

Re: Pre upgrade ponderings
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2021, 12:35:10 PM »
A quick update. Nothing to see here :)

I took the test box off line for a couple of weeks and brought it back up this morning. All seems fine still, the server manager update went without a hitch and I'm struggling to find a reason not to go 'live' with it. I'll keep it up for another week to keep an eye on it and find some time to set it up again as a production box.


Offline TerryF

  • grumpy old man
  • *
  • 1,644
Re: Pre upgrade ponderings
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2021, 03:15:48 PM »
always a nice feeling when it all goes as it should :-)
--
qui scribit bis legit

Re: Pre upgrade ponderings
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2021, 12:34:00 PM »
After much procrastination I've built my production SME10, restored, added a couple of packages and checked what I can.

So far, so good as far as I can tell.  The work station backup is scheduled as before and will presumably continue to backup, eventually replacing the old SME9's.  (I do a rolling 3 time full backup)

Is there anything else I should quickly check before starting to collect mail ?

I can then turn off the old SME9 machine(s) ? (I run affa on a second machine, but that will have to wait).


Offline TerryF

  • grumpy old man
  • *
  • 1,644
Re: Pre upgrade ponderings
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2021, 10:11:57 PM »
Only thing of late as in last week or so has been the upstream changes made to dehydrated :-( caught a few by surprise with letsencrypt certs etc easily updated once it was known, would have been nice to have had a warning and leadtime etc, a bit MS like :-) have also been a couple of other updates to core packages of late but they were specific.

Other than that safety first, set old sme9 aside in cotton wool until happy :-)
--
qui scribit bis legit

Re: Pre upgrade ponderings
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2021, 09:52:39 PM »
Other than that safety first, set old sme9 aside in cotton wool until happy :-)

Sounds a plan. All seems OK so far....