Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Shared-folders contrib

Offline sfhwan

• +0/-0
Shared-folders contrib
« on: August 04, 2021, 12:00:15 PM »
Thanks for the enormous effort that makes SME 10 a reality ... now there are catch-ups for me to migrate my SME9.2 server.

I have installed SME10 on an old pc and would like to test the shared-folder contrib which, according to the contribs page, is in beta stage. The last section the page is as follows but I have no clue what else to look for for testing. Any advise is welcome.

ID   Product   Version   Status   Summary (5 tasks)
11525   SME Contribs   10.0rc   CONFIRMED   add deps for [smeserver-rsyncd] and clean duplicate code
11523   SME Contribs   10.0rc   CONFIRMED   move php-fpm fragment for shared from deprecated smeserver-php-fpm contrib
11048   SME Contribs   9.3   UNCONFIRMED   Public access, no auth
10997   SME Contribs   10alpha   VERIFIED   First import to SME10 tree [smeserver-shared-folders]
8859   SME Contribs   9.0   UNCONFIRMED   FEATURE REQUEST: All permission map for the server in a single web form

Offline TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
Re: Shared-folders contrib
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 05:54:24 PM »
I have been running it on my sme10 server for many months no issues to date
--
qui scribit bis legit

Offline sfhwan

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 06:16:23 PM »
Thanks. Glad to know indeed. Will this contrib be put onto the verified SME10 list soon if there is no outstanding issues ...

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 06:22:11 PM »
this all depends on your milleage.

if you use rsync on shares will still needs work

if you use php on your shares might not work as expected until needed code is migrated in the contrib, in the mean time if this is your usage just move content to an ibay. 

if you use shares with pydio, this one likely to never be added to sme10 and i suggest getting nextcloud.

if you use shares for acl and samba access this should work great

for being put in verified one has actually to report it as working in the different bugs marked as fixed.   
confirmes and unconfirmed are just not yet worked on.  while they might lead to regression in term of functionnality, this could be could to still have one version with the already working functions in production.

Offline sfhwan

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 06:39:52 PM »
Thanks for the detailed info. I do not use rsync/PHP/Pydio for shared folders,  it is great to know that "if you use shares for acl and samba access this should work great" as I use the contrib mainly to create folders for access by different groups/users.