Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

how to upload printer drivers to SAMBA on Win10

Offline Jáder

• +0/-0
    • LinuxFacil
how to upload printer drivers to SAMBA on Win10
« on: February 05, 2021, 11:17:54 PM »
I really HATE have same problems over and over... and upload drivers to server to auto-install printers is one of those problems!

I´ve read https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Downloads_for_Windows_Clients#Connecting_to_the_Print_Server_Using_the_Print_Management_Console

but when uploading it fails saying it cannot find a .GPD file ... even that file is visible on browse!

I´d love to see this working and remain on LPD not update/upgrade to CUPS (simple is better!)

How do you configure a NEW printer to 20-100s computers  (1 to 10 can be hand made!) ??
I´m using WPKG and it´s a PITA find out the right driver just because SAMBA has no drivers installed to supply!
(I have UseClientDriver = no )

Any tips ?

Offline TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
Re: how to upload printer drivers to SAMBA on Win10
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 07:09:54 AM »
--
qui scribit bis legit

Offline Jáder

• +0/-0
    • LinuxFacil
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 08:56:02 AM »
YES. I´ve contributed to this page in past
Code: [Select]
20:35, 27 June 2008‎ Jader (talk | contribs)‎ . . (4,838 bytes) (+432)‎ . . (→‎Printer Driver Installation: How allow a group to upload drivers to server)
But some things changed, Win10 has no more Print and Faxes page so the new path is as pointed on that page: use Printer Management utility.

But it do not work not finding a file visible on local computer.
Samba upload should be easier, simpler.
I just should point my Windows printer as source of drivers!
So after install first time on a test computer I could upload drivers to Samba server.

Offline alexsunny123

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 03:21:07 PM »
thanks my issue has been fixed.