Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Install smeserver-php-scl on a freshly installed SME 9.2

Offline hjnvejlen

• +0/-0
Install smeserver-php-scl on a freshly installed SME 9.2
« on: March 14, 2021, 05:38:37 PM »
Sorry if this has been posted earlier, but I was not able to detect this problem in the other posts  :(

Due to a server breakdown I had to install a fresh SME 9.2 on a new PC. I installed my backup and most went fine, but one of my webpages did not wortk, since it requires higher php version that SME 9.2 default.
On my old box I used smeserver-php-scl to solve this problem, but I can not install this contribs now.

A lot of dependeny errors come up :-(

Any suggestions to solve my problem?

I have tried to install SME 10 Beta 1 but when I roll my backup from the 9.2 on top of it, a lot of stuff don't work, including e-mail and web pages so , for now, I have to stick with SME 9.2 until the other issue is solved.

Offline hjnvejlen

• +0/-0
Re: Install smeserver-php-scl on a freshly installed SME 9.2
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 06:57:45 PM »
It seems that I have "solved the problem.

The "normal" command for installing would be:

yum install smeserver-php-scl --enablerepo=smecontribs

But this ends in various problems.
Modifying the command to :

yum install smeserver-php-scl

seems to work. At least all packages installs as expected.

Online ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 08:55:50 PM »
There are links here on updating the archived repos.

Restoring to v10 should work from USB but there is a known bug restoring a workstation backup. Check bugzilla for more.

If you have issues then please document them and if needs be open a bug.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 08:59:31 PM »
What was the sme9 backup format? dar?

There is a Bug with the beta effecting workstation backup, fixed in two updates, e-smith-mysql and e-smith-backup

Added: the gunslinger beat me to the draw :-)
--
qui scribit bis legit

Offline hjnvejlen

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2021, 11:23:31 PM »
I believe it is tar format. The backup was created from the admin menu on the old system, and it was used during the installation, when the installation asks if you want to restore from backup. The backup file is called smeserver.tgz or something like that.
I have tried it both during the installation process but also around 1 week after installation and a number of updates of the sme-10 installation.
And the result was more or less the same...

After restore it looked as if mysql could not start.. and therefore neither my webpages would work or webmail, or imap mail either.

I will try later, here during the weekend I have been in a hurry, since my old box broke down :-(

And when I try again to install a backup from SME-9 to a fresh SME-10 install, I will document better and try to create an issue /bug report regarding the issue.. Even if the bug report might become quite big ;-)

« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 11:25:48 PM by hjnvejlen »

Online ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2021, 11:49:20 PM »
Added: the gunslinger beat me to the draw :-)

Cheeky :lol:
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Online ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 12:10:26 AM »
And when I try again to install a backup from SME-9 to a fresh SME-10 install, I will document better and try to create an issue /bug report regarding the issue.. Even if the bug report might become quite big ;-)

It should work. Please do it again and give us a proper bug report so we can take a look.

Make sure you take a system/bug report from server-manager on v9 before you start so we can see if you have any customisations etc.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki

Offline hjnvejlen

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 11:18:42 AM »
Regarding:
Make sure you take a system/bug report from server-manager on v9 before you start so we can see if you have any customisations etc.

I'm not an EXPERT in Linux. I can find my way around aand configure fstab a.o. but I am unsure how to take a system/bug report.

Could you please tell me how?

Offline warren

• +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 03:01:56 PM »
Regarding:

I'm not an EXPERT in Linux. I can find my way around aand configure fstab a.o. but I am unsure how to take a system/bug report.

Could you please tell me how?

From Server-manager , Miscellaneous, Report a bug.

Click on Create configuration Report. Report is generated in the Server manager Panel, you can then copy it

Offline hjnvejlen

• +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 04:04:19 PM »
From Server-manager , Miscellaneous, Report a bug.

Click on Create configuration Report. Report is generated in the Server manager Panel, you can then copy it

Ahh, thanks :-) I expected it to be easy, but not SO easy

Online ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 07:44:21 PM »
Ahh, thanks :-) I expected it to be easy, but not SO easy

We do our best ;-)

Miracles usually take a few days. The impossible takes a little longer..... :lol: :pint:
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 11:57:39 PM »
a little less easy can you paste here the result of

Code: [Select]
ll /etc/e-smith/sql/init/

addendum: I am pretty sure you did not have the last e-smith-mysql, and you will have the file : 00_restore_dumped_dbs blocking the process of restoring

then you should
Code: [Select]
rm /etc/e-smith/sql/init/00_restore_dumped_dbs
yum update e-smith-mysql --enablerepo=smeupdates-testing
expand-template /etc/e-smith/sql/init/00_restore_dumped_dbs
systemctl restart mysql.init

if you start from scratch again then update to the last e-smith-mysql BEFORE restoring.
This can be done by adding smeupdates and smeupdates-testing repo in the iso gui as external repo, or by manual update after installin and before running the restore utility form console
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 12:03:38 AM by Jean-Philippe Pialasse »

Offline TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 12:03:33 AM »
Quick short term workaround for the beta1 iso, it will be fixed in beta 2

Install sme10beta1 as normal, when finished open a terminal, and do a

# yum update -  of these two rpms
e-smith-mysql-2.6.0-20.el7.sme.noarch.rpm
e-smith-backup-2.6.0-24.el7.sme.noarch.rpm

currently in smeupdates-testing, will soon be moved to updates and will be in new iso

This will resolve restore issues with a sme9 backup using console restore and/or the workstation backup/restore using dar

Added, JP beat me to it, pretty sure this is the issue..cant hurt either way :-)
--
qui scribit bis legit

Offline TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 12:26:05 AM »
Clean sme10beta1, at prompt during install restored sme9.2 console backup - Can confirm it is the issue with mysql,init as JP wrote..so until beta 2 just follow JPs or my suggested workarounds..
--
qui scribit bis legit

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 04:01:57 AM »
just to add to Terry,

update is enought before you started the restore. if you did  you must delete the responsible file and expand it after the update.

long story: this templated file is to upgrade mysql before restoring your db. it was using a syntax pre mariadb and pre systemd which fails now.
when mysql.init fails it keeps the failed file and other not yet processed to not lose anything.
usually expanding template will overwrite the file, but this precise situation is made to not do this.

so by clearing the wrong old file, and creating it with new code you can finish your process of restoring. but if you have restart from scratch better updating before.