Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Koozali SME v10 progress - 15th Dec

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
Koozali SME v10 progress - 15th Dec
« on: December 15, 2020, 08:09:10 PM »
Finally...... there is some light at the end of a long dark deep tunnel.

If you care to follow the bug tracker recently (as a responsible sysadmin running your server you do, don't you??) you might have seen absolutely masses of activity.

There are a small number of people who have been working completely stupid hours trying to get stuff done for a Beta.

Converting services to systemd has been eye wateringly complex.

We aren't out of the woods quite yet - but we can see some light.

Most services have now been migrated across, and we are testing as best we can, but we need lots of help. The more testers we have, the more bugs we can find and crush.

Once we get this done we will start to look at rolling a Beta. No idea exactly when, but it isn't that far away.

If you want to see things move faster, help us.

If you want to see your favourite thing be worked on first, help us.

It really is simple. So is helping. We just want your enthusiasm and time. We can help you with the skills and you will learn a lot.

Just ask.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
Re: Koozali SME v10 progress - 15th Dec
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 07:07:50 AM »
Bit of a milestone day :-), hit the 100 Verified Bugs (awaiting release), almost all to do with that wonderful thing systemd...as John said, rounding the home turn, finish line in sight (we hope) :-)
--
qui scribit bis legit

Offline TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
Re: Koozali SME v10 progress - 15th Dec
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 07:10:16 AM »
and just a little personal note, have met (online) exchanged views, shared work and a joke with,  a number of people, from around the globe, I had not known a few short months or so ago, wonderful thing Open Source eh...
--
qui scribit bis legit