Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Horde Folder Display Issue (solved)

Offline jimgoode

• +0/-0
Horde Folder Display Issue (solved)
« on: July 21, 2020, 09:09:40 PM »
While trying to resolve a user email issue I somehow caused the left-hand folder menu display to mostly disappear (see attached images both collapsed and expanded of a good and bad display).  They can still get to the full folder display using the icon on the tool stripe and then get to an individual folder.  They have selected rebuild the folder tree but that doesn't fix the problem.  I hoped that there might be a setting in one of the user's dot files that got messed up but if that's the case I can't find the issue.

The issue I was trying to clear up was one where the user had almost 68,000 bogus mail delivery error messages caused by some kind of malware.  I had tried to apply a filter to move these messages to a separate folder from the Inbox and the request never finished.

We are running SME 9.2 with rpms e-smith-horde-4.4.0-8.el6.sme.noarch and
horde-3.3.11-2.el6.sme.noarch.

Has anyone ever run into this?  I searched for this issue and a possible fix and didn't find it.  Thanks in advance for any help,
Jim Goode
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 05:18:43 PM by jimgoode »

Offline mrjhb3

• +0/-0
    • John Bennett Services
Re: Horde Folder Display Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 04:13:33 PM »
From webmail, click on options, then in the edit box on the right, choose global options, from there display options, then in the Width of the Horde menu on the left, put in a value of 150, that's the default, and see if that fixes your issue.

Thank you,

John

Offline jimgoode

• +0/-0
Re: Horde Folder Display Issue
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 05:18:04 PM »
John,
That absolutely fixed the problem.  I just had to log off and back on to see the result.  The display value had somehow dropped to 10.  Thank you for the help,
Jim Goode