Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Thanks for the support

Offline smnirosh

• +0/-0
  • Learning never ends
Thanks for the support
« on: April 09, 2020, 12:32:36 PM »
My dear friends, as our company has decided to install Nethserver 7 I am moving to Nethserver forum for future support.
The main reason to transfer to nethserver 7 is that it is based on Centos 7. Our new software-license server should be run very well on Centos 7. (it also runs on Centos 6 but less functionality)
I am appreciating the help that you all have given to me as far as we have run the Sme server box very well without any issue because this is one of the best Linux distro.
This italian experience will never be forgotten.
Thanks for you all - Sme server support team. :-)

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
Re: Thanks for the support
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 02:12:02 PM »
Sad to lose you.

You do know that Koozali SME v10 is based on CentOS 7 don't you?

You do also know the reason it isn't released yet? Quite simply we have not had enough help.

Too many people asking questions, and making money from SME, and not enough people volunteering to help doing some work.

That has changed over the last couple of months and we now have some great new helpers who are doing some brilliant work, but we need more.

We hope to push out a new Alpha release very shortly and hope to follow that up fairly quickly with a Beta, and we intend to get it released before v9 is EOL.

We have now got a new server manager based on Mojolicious thank you to a HUGE amount of work from Michel and Brian. There are also some other core developments - come and talk to us on Rocket.Chat to find out more.

So, there are lots of good things going on, and the best thing is that Koozali SME Server will continue to be completely open source and free to download and use with no hidden costly 'Enterprise Only' features :-)

So, we are sorry to lose you, but some of that was in your own hands.

If you, and people like you, had helped us more we would have had v10 out much sooner..... you could have helped test and seen if your licensing system worked on Koozali SME v10. If you had got involved people may have been able to help more....

Best wishes for the future and hope your new system brings everything that you need.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline smnirosh

• +0/-0
  • Learning never ends
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 02:57:18 PM »
Thanks ReetP your great comment.

So, there are lots of good things going on, and the best thing is that Koozali SME Server will continue to be completely open source and free to download and use with no hidden costly 'Enterprise Only' features :-)

For the sake of new features that Koozali will be willing to give us, I will surely deploy a server installed Sme 10 for testing and will update you all about the necessity that will help us to deploy it for production environment. Graat

Goodbye you all and definitely will be missing you.

Offline Lowell Fuher

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2020, 08:29:21 AM »
Ya know, I just wanted to echo the same sentiment.
I was introduced to Linux and this distribution back in 1999 when it was E-Smith - I think it was 3.0 or 3.1 can't remember. I used it for the home ever since and one non-profit I worked for.

I remember Charlie telling me to search for the answer in the forum before asking the question - and that irritated me at that time. I then had a change of heart and understood why he instructed me to follow that method. I learned the art of the search phrase and it has paid back in big dividends.

COVID has been a killer to my income and I have only worked 12 weeks since April, but I see change on the horizon.

I am grateful to all those that make this Distro possible.  I'm not good at creating software, but putting it in place to be used is a different story.
Many thanks!
Moe.....................

Offline jameswilson

• +0/-0
    • Security Warehouse, trade security equipment
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 12:24:20 AM »
Echo all the points above. We all need to do more in supporting SME.

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 12:56:27 PM »
Simply testing the fixed bugs is a great way to support SME currently.
We are fixing bugs faster then they are tested, this is mow the bottleneck and anyone able to install the software and use it could help testing it. 

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 01:25:28 PM »
I'm not good at creating software

Neither am I. But we all learn.

It needs multiple skills to build this SME. EVERYONE is able to help, in one way or another. It just needs a bit of your time.

See JPs last comment.

Writing software is not the issue currently. Testing the software that has been written is.

So fire up a VM, and test - there are notes how to do this on the wiki, and you can ask for a Rocket login and talk to us if you want more guidance.

So please, get involved. You do NOT need to be able to code.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline Lowell Fuher

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 05:38:44 PM »
Simply testing the fixed bugs is a great way to support SME currently.
We are fixing bugs faster then they are tested, this is mow the bottleneck and anyone able to install the software and use it could help testing it.

Point Well Taken :P

Looks like I have some more and different work to do.  I'll create my test environment and then touch base for directions on pressing needs.  8-)

Blessings - stay well.
Moe.....................

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 03:16:26 AM »
thanks for the move,
looking forward!