Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

[Resolved] Web ... should route to an iBay continue to connect to the Primary

Offline tolistim

• +0/-0
Hi All,

I'm running 9.2 with the latest updates as of 2/21/20.

I have the Primary iBay configured and serving pages properly on the system.  I've created a new iBay and set up a temporary landing page at the root of the html folder.  I have configured my public DNS hosts to point to the public IP address of my SME server system.  However, when I test the configuration by going to the parked web name that should go to this new iBay, the browser goes to my Primary site instead.

I've performed no custom setup aside from the options provided in the dashboard for adding an iBay and setting the defaults for disabling directory listing and enabling follow symlinks.  Everything else is the default.

In the error log, I have the following lines from my attempts to connect to the new iBay:
Code: [Select]
[Tue Mar 10 16:30:14 2020] [error] [client 68.231.7.71] File does not exist: /home/e-smith/files/ibays/Primary/html/favicon.ico, referer: http://www.testsite.com/
[Tue Mar 10 16:33:40 2020] [error] [client 10.0.0.22] File does not exist: /home/e-smith/files/ibays/Primary/html/favicon.ico, referer: http://www.testsite.com/
[Tue Mar 10 16:35:24 2020] [error] [client 10.0.0.22] File does not exist: /home/e-smith/files/ibays/Primary/html/favicon.ico, referer: https://www.testsite.com/

Similar things are occurring in the access_log where the calls to www.testsite.com are accessing the css folder for the primary site.

Any ideas or pointers as to where I should be looking?

Thanks,

Tim
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 03:51:20 PM by tolistim »

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
Do you get the desired ibay content if you add the ibay name to the URL?

That is - if  'www.testsite.com/ibayname' shows the ibay content then you need to change the settings for the domain 'testsite.com' to serve the i-bay "ibayname" instead of "Primary".

If 'www.testsite.com/ibayname' does not work, we need to solve that problem first...

If the domain definition for 'testsite.com' (which will automatically create 'www.testsite.com) already specifies 'Content=ibayname' then I would start researching any other customizations on your server using audittools (/sbin/e-smith/audittools/templates, /sbin/e-smith/audittools/newrpms)

Offline janet

• +0/-0
tolistim

You say:

" I have configured my public DNS hosts to point to the public IP address of my SME server system. "

Did you add the domains to the Domains panel in server manager, & point the domain to the ibay for resolving ?

You do not mention doing this.

You do not need to add anything in the root of the Primary ibay & probably should remove those "entries".

This all assumes you have multiple domains for each host, which you have not clearly indicated.
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline tolistim

• +0/-0
If the domain definition for 'testsite.com' (which will automatically create 'www.testsite.com') already specifies 'Content=ibayname' then I would start researching any other customizations on your server using audittools (/sbin/e-smith/audittools/templates, /sbin/e-smith/audittools/newrpms)

Did you add the domains to the Domains panel in server manager, & point the domain to the ibay for resolving?
That was the issue.  It had been so long since we'd added iBays that none of us remembered that we needed to update the Domains entries.  The issue is now resolved!

Thanks to both of you.

Tim