Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

WebShare Internal Server Error

Offline Arnie

• +0/-0
  • Old Dog, New Tricks.
WebShare Internal Server Error
« on: October 17, 2019, 05:51:56 AM »
Hi all,

When I upgraded my SME8.2 to SME9.2, I reinstalled the WebShare contrib but I kept getting "500 Internal Server Error" whenever I tried to log in to the share I used to have on the old version. As it was not that important, I let is go but now, it has become necessary to get it working.

The httpd error.log log shows the following when I try to log in:

Code: [Select]
[Thu Oct 17 11:44:17 2019] [crit] [client 192.168.0.1] configuration error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?: /
[Thu Oct 17 11:44:17 2019] [crit] [client 192.168.0.1] configuration error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?: /favicon.ico

If anyone who has knowledge could please help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 07:44:25 AM by Arnie »

Offline janet

• +0/-0
Re: WebShare Internal Server Error
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 09:18:30 AM »
Arnie

From the wiki article it seems that contrib is potentially problematic on sme9.x ???? I cannot recall if I tried it.

Have you tried recreating the webshare or better still create a new webshare with a new name) & then see if it can be accessed, rather than trying to access the restored data webshare folder.
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline Arnie

• +0/-0
  • Old Dog, New Tricks.
Re: WebShare Internal Server Error
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 10:54:22 AM »
Hi Janet,

Thanks for the reply. After blindly stumbling around and poking things 'till they started working, I found the following:

I had originally set WebShare up using the wiki article to use ibays instead of /opt. This time around I had to modify the ibay to force secure connections, so the account db entry for the ibay looks like this:

band=ibay
    CgiBin=enabled
    Gid=5050
    Group=members
    Name=Band File Share
    PasswordSet=no
    PublicAccess=global
    SSL=enabled
    Uid=5050
    UserAccess=wr-group-rd-group

Next, there was a problem with the custom template in the wiki. The section that reads:

if ( "$smeusers" eq "no" ) {       
               $OUT .= "    AuthUserFile \/home\/e-smith\/db\/webshare\/htpasswd.$key\n";
       }
       else {
               $OUT .= "    AuthExternal pwauth\n";
       }

should read:

if ( "$smeusers" eq "no" ) {       
               $OUT .= "    AuthUserFile \/home\/e-smith\/db\/webshare\/htpasswd.$key\n";
       }
       else {
               $OUT .= "    AuthBasicProvider external\n";
               $OUT .= "    AuthExternal pwauth\n";

}

With those changes made, it is now working as it did on SME8.2. Well, at least it is for me and I didn't need to reinstall the contrib or restore the ibay again.

I don't have edit access to the wiki, so if you could please add this to the article I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.