Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Delete Domain

Offline AndyP

• +0/-0
Delete Domain
« on: December 13, 2018, 04:38:35 PM »
Hi All,

I've searched the web and here and the forums and haven't found an answer that suits, I've got a customer who has moved a domain from their SME onto some external hosting, they still have multiple other domains on the SME box.

But forwarding emails to the remote host is  causing a loop as it's trying to forward onto itself currently.

I know that all domains share users, what I want to confirm before removing the domain tonight is that it only removes the domain and nothing else ?

It's a large customer and I don't want to break anything, will be running a backup, but thought I'd double check here first as IRC is now always dead ( do you guys use anything else now ? )

TL;DR  : What happens when you remove a domain ?

Offline warren

• +0/-0
Re: Delete Domain
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 06:18:15 PM »
But forwarding emails to the remote host is  causing a loop as it's trying to forward onto itself currently.

To check mail is working at the domain on its new Server hosting ( and assuming that the DNS Recs have been adjusted accordingly ) , you can leave the domain on the SME server and do the following : from wiki https://wiki.contribs.org/Email#Deliver_email_for_one_domain_to_an_internal_or_external_mail_server

db domains setprop test.com MailServer a.b.c.d
signal-event email-update

A FQDN can also be used for the MailServer property, eg aspmx.l.google.com instead of the IP address a.b.c.d

db domains setprop test.com MailServer aspmx.l.google.com

Remove the internal or external mail server (and return email delivery for test.com to the default for your SME server) using:

db domains delprop test.com MailServer

Regards deleting of the Domain, when you delete the Domain , it will also remove any pseudonyms that where created for the domain.

Offline AndyP

• +0/-0
Re: Delete Domain
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 01:11:21 PM »
Thanks Warren, I just wanted to confirm what happened.

Did the work last night and all was well, all other setups are single domain apart from this one, so I've never had to delete a domain before.

Thanks again