Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

fetchmail: delete old emails from remote pop3 server

Offline mrshark

• +0/-0
fetchmail: delete old emails from remote pop3 server
« on: November 27, 2018, 11:56:30 AM »
hi
i already set up a smeserver based on v9.2, and it has fetchmail downloading emails from a remote pop3 server and LEAVING them there... is there a way now to change behaviour, so that new emails are downloaded AND removed from remote server, as it's now almost full and needs to be cleaned manually from time to time?
i see on http://schirrms.net/sme/SMEFetchMail.php that:
Three options :
  • Retrieve all mails :   alls mails still on server are downloaded, and the mail are suppressed on the mail server.
  • Read mails and let them on the server :   news mails are downloaded, alls mails stay on the mail server. Note: depending of the external mail server, the same mail could arrive again at each new fetchmail run (by default, every 15 minutes)
  • Retrieve news mails only :   a mail already tagged as 'read' is not downloaded.
but it's not clear what to do in an already running system... need to change from the 2nd (which is actual setting) to the 1st one? And so will it download again every email still on remote server, causing doubling of them in local one?
Or, if i remove manually emails from remote server and select 3rd option, will this one remove emails from remote once downloaded?
thanks

Offline TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
Re: fetchmail: delete old emails from remote pop3 server
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 02:36:46 PM »
Sorry rI think that is what you are saying, as I read it Option 1 will read all mail and delete them from server.

You can set options per user..
http://schirrms.net/images/SMEFetchmail-user1.jpg

That is found in server-manager -
Collabaration
 - Mail Retrieval
--- Configure External Mailbox Retrieval
at bottom of page you can set the config per user
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:42:11 PM by TerryF »
--
qui scribit bis legit