I would like to join that devices to our existing domain controller

are there anyone has been done doing this

regards,
darmasanthi

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
Re: Joining QNAP to SMEServer 9.x
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 02:23:20 PM »
if you mean join it to the samba domain, I'm not sure it's supported, since 99% it needs a AD domain, not a NT style one

if you want to use ldap, start from here: https://wiki.contribs.org/LDAP_Authentication_for_applications

Offline darmasanthi

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 06:52:43 AM »
if you mean join it to the samba domain, I'm not sure it's supported, since 99% it needs a AD domain, not a NT style one

if you want to use ldap, start from here: https://wiki.contribs.org/LDAP_Authentication_for_applications

Hi Stefano,
I had been following any manual that was given, but with no luck.
I'm still cannot join the qnap with sme ldap

please help me

regards,
darmasanthi

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 02:38:50 PM »
FYI -

I replaced my 2004-era Linksys EFG120 with a QNAP 251+ over the weekend.

When I attempt to 'join' the ldap directory on my SME 9.2 server (QNAP -> Privilege -> Domain Security -> LDAP)

* The QNAP screen remains on "please wait" forever
* /var/log/ldap/current on the SME server shows lots of activity, including successful connections from the QNAP, but also showing lots of "fd=xx closed (connection lost)"
* After waiting 5 minutes or so I click 'Refresh' on the QNAP screen, then agree to the javascript warning to 'Leave Page'.
* User and group accounts from the SME now appear in the 'User' and 'Group' screens on the QNAP
* I can login to the QNAP web interface using credentials from the SME server.

However, if I change the QNAP Samba settings from "Stand-alone server" to "LDAP domain authentication", I can no longer access QNAP samba  shares (from my mac using finder) at all.

Offline wires12

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 01:10:28 AM »
Stefano is likely right about NT vs AD domains. When a modern NAS type device says "domain" its almost certainly a Active Directory (AD) type domain not the older NT style on SME 9.x and below. In short it won't work. Maybe it will in SME 10 but...