Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Web based CRM Connection being blocked by Koozali

Offline Parsival1973

• +0/-0
Web based CRM Connection being blocked by Koozali
« on: May 19, 2018, 01:12:54 AM »
I for work have to use a web based CRM solution through Internet explorer. However it seems when I am behind Koozali the connection is being blocked...

I have to connect to https: server but it is being prevented. Any advice/suggestions to fix this???

Thank you.

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
Re: Web based CRM Connection being blocked by Koozali
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 01:53:04 AM »
we would need more information about your issue.
What is the CRM ?
What is the configuration of your SME Server : gateway, server only
What do you expect to be displayed
What do you get ?
What is missing ?
Any contribs installed on SME ?
Is there any domain locally configured on your SME that could conflict with internet DNS to reach all the contents of the CRM. In other word, CRM  is accessible with crm.com but use some content from crmusercontent.com normally pointing to a server, and your SME is using crmusercontent.com defined as local domain.

Supposing your SME is set as gateway and your are on its LAN, outgoing connections are not filtered by default. Further more https is not supposed to be cached by squid even if transparent proxy cache is enabled on your SME.

Offline Parsival1973

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 02:18:54 AM »
The CRM is called Exact Synergy.
My configuration is gateway server.
I should see the Dashboard of the CRM
I get the IE message saying that it can't reach this page - Under More information it says the Connection to the website was reset. Error Code: INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE

It does not allow me to load the Dashboard page at all.

I have egroupware, teamspeak, SSL certificate manager and the user webpages one.

There should not be... My domain is ourfamilyslife.com and the domain I am connecting to is daviscontrols.com. The one is my personal domain and the other is the domain for the company I just started working for.

we would need more information about your issue.
What is the CRM ?
What is the configuration of your SME Server : gateway, server only
What do you expect to be displayed
What do you get ?
What is missing ?
Any contribs installed on SME ?
Is there any domain locally configured on your SME that could conflict with internet DNS to reach all the contents of the CRM. In other word, CRM  is accessible with crm.com but use some content from crmusercontent.com normally pointing to a server, and your SME is using crmusercontent.com defined as local domain.

Supposing your SME is set as gateway and your are on its LAN, outgoing connections are not filtered by default. Further more https is not supposed to be cached by squid even if transparent proxy cache is enabled on your SME.

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 02:42:06 AM »
The CRM is called Exact Synergy.
My configuration is gateway server.
I should see the Dashboard of the CRM
I get the IE message saying that it can't reach this page - Under More information it says the Connection to the website was reset. Error Code: INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE

I have egroupware, teamspeak, SSL certificate manager and the user webpages one.
Have you tried another computer and a different browser : chrome or firefox.

also have ypou googled for  INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE

I would have a look at the ip also it is pointing to, there might be dns issue,. so try a ping domainofyouroffice.com in a cmd window. Check if it is the same as it should be from an external connection.

I am able to see both website of the two domains you posted, and myself behind a SME.

Pay attention that your work website if called with https has some elements pointing to non https url. This could be an issue with some browsers.

Offline Parsival1973

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 03:51:51 AM »
I did google it and nothing there worked. Neither firefox or chrome work either.

If I switch to a different internet connection (there are 2 separate connections here but one is not mine) and router I can connect. Also tethered to my phone and hotel internet connections.

Only have a problem on this one.

To connect to the crm it is https://www.daviscontrols.com/synergy to get to login

Have you tried another computer and a different browser : chrome or firefox.

also have ypou googled for  INET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE

I would have a look at the ip also it is pointing to, there might be dns issue,. so try a ping domainofyouroffice.com in a cmd window. Check if it is the same as it should be from an external connection.

I am able to see both website of the two domains you posted, and myself behind a SME.

Pay attention that your work website if called with https has some elements pointing to non https url. This could be an issue with some browsers.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 04:02:17 AM by Parsival1973 »

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 05:15:50 AM »
I get the apache login prompt, and then a 401 error as I cancel having no login password, so I would say this is not SME direclty related.

from a command line on the SME Server, what is the output of
Code: [Select]
/sbin/e-smith/audittools/templates
and
/sbin/e-smith/audittools/newrpms

Offline Parsival1973

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 08:46:18 AM »
[root@excalibur ~]# /sbin/e-smith/audittools/templates                                                                                                             
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/php.ini/12phptmpfolder: MANUALLY_ADDED, ADDITION                                                                                 
/etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/php.ini/30ErrorHandling: MANUALLY_ADDED, OVERRIDE                                                                                 
[root@excalibur ~]#                                                                                                                                                 

[root@excalibur ~]# /sbin/e-smith/audittools/newrpms                                                                                                               
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, post-transaction-actions, smeserver                                                                                                 
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile                                                                                                                         
 * base: mirror.it.ubc.ca                                                                                                                                           
 * smeaddons: mirror.canada.pialasse.com                                                                                                                           
 * smeos: mirror.canada.pialasse.com                                                                                                                               
 * smeupdates: mirror.canada.pialasse.com                                                                                                                           
 * updates: centos.les.net                                                                                                                                         
Extra Packages                                                                                                                                                     
GeoIP-GeoLite-data.noarch             2017.07-1.el6          @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
GeoIP-GeoLite-data-extra.noarch       2017.07-1.el6          @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
Judy.x86_64                           1.0.5-1.el6            @epel                                                                                                 
cassandra-cpp-driver.x86_64           2.8.1-1.el6.remi       @remi-safe                                                                                             
clamav.x86_64                         0.99.4-1.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
clamav-db.x86_64                      0.99.4-1.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
clamd.x86_64                          0.99.4-1.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
diffmark.x86_64                       0.10-6.el6             @epel                                                                                                 
djbdns.x86_64                         1.05-11.el6.sme        @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
e-smith-base.noarch                   5.6.0-34.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
e-smith-lib.noarch                    2.4.0-18.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
e-smith-ntp.noarch                    2.4.0-7.el6.sme        @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
e-smith-pop3.noarch                   2.4.0-7.el6.sme        @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
e-smith-qmail.noarch                  2.4.0-8.el6.sme        @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
e-smith-samba.noarch                  2.4.0-25.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
egroupware-epl.noarch                 14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-bookmarks.noarch       14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-calendar.noarch        14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-core.noarch            14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-developer_tools.noarch 14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-egw-pear.noarch        14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-emailadmin.noarch      14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-esync.noarch           14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-filemanager.noarch     14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-importexport.noarch    14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-infolog.noarch         14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-jdots.noarch           14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-mail.noarch            14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-manual.noarch          14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-news_admin.noarch      14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-notifications.noarch   14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-phpbrain.noarch        14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-phpfreechat.noarch     14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-pixelegg.noarch        14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-projectmanager.noarch  14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-registration.noarch    14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                                                                           

Offline Parsival1973

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 08:46:43 AM »
egroupware-epl-resources.noarch       14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-sambaadmin.noarch      14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-sitemgr.noarch         14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-timesheet.noarch       14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-tracker.noarch         14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
egroupware-epl-wiki.noarch            14.1.20141021-1.1      @egroupware                                                                                           
fann.x86_64                           2.2.0-6.el6            @epel                                                                                                 
fastlz.x86_64                         0.1.0-0.1.20070619svnrev12.el6                                                                                               
                                                             @epel                                                                                                 
firebird-libfbclient.x86_64           2.5.7.27050.0-1.el6    @smecontribs                                                                                           
freetds.x86_64                        0.91-2.el6             @epel                                                                                                 
gd-last.x86_64                        2.2.5-2.el6.remi       @remi-safe                                                                                             
gnupg1.x86_64                         1.4.20-1.el6.remi      @remi-safe                                                                                             
hiredis-last.x86_64                   0.13.3-1.el6.remi      @remi-safe                                                                                             
ipUpdate.noarch                       1.6-2                  installed                                                                                             
kernel-ml.x86_64                      4.6.3-1.el6.elrepo     installed                                                                                             
kernel-ml-devel.x86_64                4.6.3-1.el6.elrepo     installed                                                                                             
kmod-e1000.x86_64                     8.0.30-1.el6.elrepo    installed                                                                                             
kmod-e1000.x86_64                     8.0.35-1.el6.elrepo    installed                                                                                             
kmod-e1000e.x86_64                    3.3.4-2.el6.elrepo     installed                                                                                             
kmod-r8168.x86_64                     8.040.00-1.el6.elrepo  installed                                                                                             
kmod-r8168.x86_64                     8.043.01-1.el6.elrepo  installed                                                                                             
kmod-r8169.x86_64                     6.017.00-1.el6.elrepo  installed                                                                                             
kmod-r8169.x86_64                     6.020.00-1.el6.elrepo  installed                                                                                             
leveldb.x86_64                        1.7.0-2.el6            @epel                                                                                                 
libcouchbase.x86_64                   2.8.6-1.el6.remi       @remi-safe                                                                                             
libcouchbase-libevent.x86_64          2.8.6-1.el6.remi       @remi-safe                                                                                             
libev.x86_64                          4.03-3.el6             @epel                                                                                                 
libgearman.x86_64                     1.1.8-2.el6            @epel                                                                                                 
libicu-last.x86_64                    50.1.2-11.el6.remi     @remi-safe                                                                                             
libircclient.x86_64                   1.8-4.el6              @epel                                                                                                 
liblzf.x86_64                         3.6-2.el6              @epel                                                                                                 
libmcrypt.x86_64                      2.5.8-9.el6            @/libmcrypt-2.5.8-9.el6.x86_64                                                                         
libmemcached-last-libs.x86_64         1.0.18-6.el6.remi      @remi-safe                                                                                             
libnghttp2.x86_64                     1.6.0-1.el6.1          @epel                                                                                                 
librabbitmq-last.x86_64               0.8.0-1.el6.remi       @remi-safe                                                                                             
librdkafka.x86_64                     0.11.4-1.el6.remi      @remi-safe                                                                                             
libsodium-last.x86_64                 1.0.14-1.el6.remi      @remi-safe                                                                                             
libsphinxclient.x86_64                2.0.8-1.el6.remi       @remi-safe                                                                                             
libuv.x86_64                          1:0.10.34-1.el6        @epel                                                                                                 
libwebp.x86_64                        0.4.3-3.el6            @epel                                                                                                 
libyaz.x86_64                         3.0.49-1.el6           @epel                                                                                                 
libzip5.x86_64                        1.5.1-1.el6.remi       @remi-safe                                                                                             
lz4.x86_64                            1.7.5-1.el6            @smecontribs                                                                                           
openpgm.x86_64                        5.1.118-3.el6          @epel                                                                                                 
perl-Mail-DMARC.noarch                1.20141206-2.el6.sme   @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
perl-Quota.x86_64                     1.7.0-1                @fws                                                                                                   
php-pecl-zendopcache.x86_64           7.0.5-2.el6            @smecontribs                                                                                           
php54-php-tarantool.x86_64            0.1.0-1.el6.remi       @remi-safe                                                                                             
qmail.x86_64                          1.03-20.el6.sme        @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
qpsmtpd.noarch                        0.96-11.el6.sme        @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
shellinabox.x86_64                    2.20-1.el6             @epel                                                                                                 
smeserver-certificate.noarch          0.0.4-6.el6.sme        @smecontribs                                                                                           
smeserver-dovecot-extras.noarch       0.1.5-1.el6.fws        @fws                                                                                                   
smeserver-egroupware-epl.noarch       14.1-2.el6.sme         @stephdl                                                                                               
smeserver-locale-bg.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-da.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-de.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-el.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-es.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-et.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-fr.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-he.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-hu.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-id.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-it.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-ja.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-nb.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-nl.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-pl.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-pt.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-pt_BR.noarch         2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-ro.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-ru.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-sl.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-sv.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-th.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-tr.noarch            2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-zh_CN.noarch         2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-locale-zh_TW.noarch         2.4.0-28.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-qpsmtpd.noarch              2.4.0-39.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-shellinabox.noarch          0.0.7-2.el6.sme        @stephdl                                                                                               
smeserver-spamassassin.noarch         2.4.0-9.el6.sme        @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
smeserver-teamspeak-server.noarch     3.1-1.el6.sme          @smedev                                                                                               
smeserver-user-webspace.noarch        0.1-13.el5.sme         @sme8contribs                                                                                         
smeserver-yum.noarch                  2.4.0-17.el6.sme       @smeupdates-testing                                                                                   
sqlite.x86_64                         3.7.17-9.el6.sme       @smecontribs                                                                                           
sqlite2.x86_64                        2.8.17-10.el6          @epel                                                                                                 
ssdeep-libs.x86_64                    2.13-1.el6             @epel                                                                                                 
termbox.x86_64                        1.1.2-1.el6.remi       @remi-safe                                                                                             
zeromq3.x86_64                        3.2.5-1.el6            @epel                                       

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »
Start from the beginning.

Can you give some history of the server please. Clean install, upgrade etc.

You have a lot of contribs from testing. Why?

I can see you are running a testing version of djbdns. Not sure if that has any effect.

You have one contrib at least that is from SME v8.

Can you show:

config show squid
db domains show
config show dnscache
What does a ping show ?

[root@esmith ~]# ping www.daviscontrols.com
PING www.daviscontrols.com (72.14.174.59) 56(84) bytes
of data.
64 bytes from unassigned-59.174.14.72.net.blink.ca (72
14.174.59): icmp_seq=1 ttl=113 time=98.5 ms
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline Parsival1973

• +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 08:18:56 PM »
It was a clean install as version 9 on new hardware. Config from Previous SME8 it replaced was restored to it.

Not sure why testing, contribs started showing up as software updates.

[root@excalibur ~]# config show squid                                                                                                                               
squid=service                                                                                                                                                       
    EnforceSafePorts=no                                                                                                                                             
    SafePorts=21,70,80,81,119,210,443,563,980,1024-65535                                                                                                           
    TCPPort=3128                                                                                                                                                   
    TCPProxyPort=80:3128                                                                                                                                           
    TransparentPort=3128                                                                                                                                           
    access=private                                                                                                                                                 
    status=disabled                                                                                                                                                 
[root@excalibur ~]#                                                                                                                                                 

[root@excalibur ~]# db domains show                                                                                                                                 
ourfamilyslife.com=domain                                                                                                                                           
    Content=Primary                                                                                                                                                 
    Description=Primary domain                                                                                                                                     
    Nameservers=localhost                                                                                                                                           
    Removable=no                                                                                                                                                   
    SystemPrimaryDomain=yes                                                                                                                                         
[root@excalibur ~]#                                                                                                                                                 

dnscache=service                                                                                                                                                   
    Forwarder=8.8.8.8                                                                                                                                               
    Forwarder2=8.8.4.4                                                                                                                                             
    TCPPort=53                                                                                                                                                     
    UDPPort=53                                                                                                                                                     
    access=private                                                                                                                                                 
    status=enabled                                                                                                                                                 
[root@excalibur ~]#                   

ping www.daviscontrols.com                                                                                                                     
PING www.daviscontrols.com (72.14.174.59) 56(84) bytes of data.                                                                                                     
64 bytes from unassigned-59.174.14.72.net.blink.ca (72.14.174.59): icmp_seq=1 ttl=118 time=54.5 ms                                                                 
64 bytes from unassigned-59.174.14.72.net.blink.ca (72.14.174.59): icmp_seq=2 ttl=118 time=51.9 ms   
--- www.daviscontrols.com ping statistics ---                                                                                                                       
27 packets transmitted, 27 received, 0% packet loss, time 26551ms                                                                                                   
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 48.556/50.293/58.344/2.069 ms                                                                                                               
[root@excalibur ~]#                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Start from the beginning.

Can you give some history of the server please. Clean install, upgrade etc.

You have a lot of contribs from testing. Why?

I can see you are running a testing version of djbdns. Not sure if that has any effect.

You have one contrib at least that is from SME v8.

Can you show:

config show squid
db domains show
config show dnscache
What does a ping show ?

[root@esmith ~]# ping www.daviscontrols.com
PING www.daviscontrols.com (72.14.174.59) 56(84) bytes
of data.
64 bytes from unassigned-59.174.14.72.net.blink.ca (72
14.174.59): icmp_seq=1 ttl=113 time=98.5 ms

Offline Daniel B.

• +0/-0
    • Firewall Services, la sécurité des réseaux
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 10:53:18 AM »
In IE options, try to manually set no proxy (instead of the default which automatically set squid as proxy)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:34:45 AM by Daniel B. »
C'est la fin du monde !!! :lol:

Offline Parsival1973

• +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 05:16:26 PM »
In IE options, try to manually set no proxy (instead of the default which automatically set squid as proxy)

Thank you that seems to have done it.

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 05:31:52 PM »

As a matter of interest, if squid is set to disabled, how would IE pick up proxy settings?
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 05:59:35 PM »
As a matter of interest, if squid is set to disabled, how would IE pick up proxy settings?

you're talking about IE, did you forgot?

Offline Daniel B.

• +0/-0
    • Firewall Services, la sécurité des réseaux
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »
It shouldn't. Proxy detection is done through the proxy.pac file, which is not accessible when squid is disabled
C'est la fin du monde !!! :lol: