Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Active member number declining

guest22

Active member number declining
« on: May 14, 2018, 10:48:05 AM »
It seems that the number of subscribers that are active are declining. When John was president we were at an average a day of about 130, today we are at an everage of 70 or less. Let alone the average of 300 a day before that. Bad numbers in my view for a global project.

What do you think?

Offline sages

• +0/-0
    • http://www.sages.com.au
Re: Active member number declining
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 06:11:01 AM »
It seems that the number of subscribers that are active are declining. When John was president we were at an average a day of about 130, today we are at an everage of 70 or less. Let alone the average of 300 a day before that. Bad numbers in my view for a global project.

What do you think?
I think you're trolling again.
Or maybe Koozali is so good that there has a reduction in support requirements.
And you're just trolling again. No other point in making such a comment unless you're trying to stir the pot.

guest22

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 06:24:23 AM »
I think you're trolling again.
Or maybe Koozali is so good that there has a reduction in support requirements.
And you're just trolling again. No other point in making such a comment unless you're trying to stir the pot.

Maybe you are missing my point, and confusing it with other emotions.

Discussing uncomfortable topics, like the declining of SME Server users, is not fun, but neglecting the topic or looking the other way is another thing. One day we may wake up and there is no longer a critical mass to make the effort.

The most common comment is 'lack of resources' whilst it may be 'lack of interest'.

A 'normal' company would be very much worried and would do everything to retain their customer base and try to expand business. In my view, the signs are all very much orange. Take a look at Nethserver...

Offline sages

• +0/-0
    • http://www.sages.com.au
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 06:47:13 AM »
Quick, look over there. Something else is different to here.

To the tune of an old Rod Stewart song (with apologies)
We are trolling
we are trolling
across the forums
across the mailing lists

guest22

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 06:51:40 AM »
Quick, look over there. Something else is different to here.

To the tune of an old Rod Stewart song (with apologies)
We are trolling
we are trolling
across the forums
across the mailing lists

Now you've had your 1 minute of fame since 2004, can we get back on topic please?

guest22

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 06:20:35 PM »
I wonder how long this post will survive without being deleted. Luckily one can not delete the internet.

The message I received reminds me of the parctices in China, Cuba and North Korea. They all 'kill the opposition if they don't like them or what they do, no such thing as free speech. Signed, the respective dictator'.

You have just been sent a personal message by Koozali.org formerly Contribs.org on Koozali.org formerly Contribs.org. IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email. The message they sent you was: You have been reported by other users for trolling on the forums
Please cease or your posts will be moderated.

guest22

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 06:32:04 PM »
It may well be that "they" that send above messages, are very nervous because the number of users IS declining. Maybe "They" don;t want the community to know about this ongoing negative trend. Maybe "They" have no action plan, but like a title. Maybe "They are the real cause of the SME Community and products do not have the interest of modern users for the modern users want to be able to choose, transparity and a contribute or learn without being yelled at.

"They" call this thread and my posts 'Trolling' and 'stir the pot', I consider it as being open and honost to have an open discussion on not such a popular trend and topic. Maybe the pot I am stirring is the incompetance of some?

Very uncomfortable, and "They" need to block and blacken that person who is stirring "Their" pot. For there are apparently no civilised actions, nor a vision or direction. Just the title, and let's abuse that.

There are at least 2 board members (out of require 8) that actually do not want to be involved as a board member, but do so to give the current 'leadership' some slack. That has been going on for ages, So actually The Koozali Foundation inc. is run by people that are a) not active, b) Actually don't want to be a board member, c) Have their own personal agenda, d) have no interest at all, only interested in a the title.

That is the foundation of SME Server today. People don't want me or don't like what I say, but there it is.

Offline DanB35

• +0/-0
    • http://www.familybrown.org
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 09:07:03 PM »
Well, at least one of the "they" is me--I call it trolling and stirring the pot, because that's what it is.  You are contributing nothing, you are asking nothing, you're just lobbing verbal smoke bombs.  It's sad, really.  You've contributed greatly to the project in the past (despite your recent demand to the board that everything you've contributed be erased).  I'm quite confident you could continue to do so, if you were so inclined.  But you'd rather sit on the outside and throw rocks, and I think a lot of us are sick of it.

guest22

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 10:36:51 PM »
Well, at least one of the "they" is me--I call it trolling and stirring the pot, because that's what it is.

That would be too easy to dismiss the fact that user numbers, activity and contributions in general are declining in a very rapid way. I only can relay what I see and notice and speak up. The way others would LIKE to dismiss this 'issue' is up to them.

You are contributing nothing, you are asking nothing, you're just lobbing verbal smoke bombs.  It's sad, really. You've contributed greatly to the project in the past (despite your recent demand to the board that everything you've contributed be erased).  I'm quite confident you could continue to do so, if you were so inclined.

GDPR is in play since 2016, The Koozali Foundation Inc. MUST comply at a non compliance penelty of up to 20 Millions EURO. The treasurer was SOOOOO sure about his comments.....

I believe The Koozali Foundation Inc. is ignoring GDPR, not compliant, not ready and in complete violation. A US based organization is required to comply in a timely matter and coorporate with any request regarding GDPR. I guess GDPR never made a board meeting. Ah, yes! the president had a friend in Canada that was all of a sudden an expert on European law and GDPR....

I issued my claim a while back in a direct message to the president of The Koozali Foundation Inc., I guess it also did not make a board meeting.

I would love to continue what I have been doing since 2003, just not with the current president, and that is no surprise. I'm very frank about this and it is my right to say so or speak up. e.g. the wiki and bugzilla would have been updated better then it currently is, or better yet, currently there is a total lack of.

But you'd rather sit on the outside and throw rocks, and I think a lot of us are sick of it.

Nope, I would rather contribute and get things done. I believe I vouched for that and actively said that I would like the opportunity to re-structre SME Server. I believe I was the only one, for the "they" keep on sleeping.

Community manager - NO SINGLE ACTION in 2 years, I would ditch him in a blink of an eye. Personal friend of the 'president' and that is the ONLY reason he is occupying a seat on the board. Can't speak nor write proper English.
Treasurer - does not want to be on the board, but there is no other American citizen willing to be on the board. Also no proper financial reports for the last 2 years.
Main developer - does not want to be on the board, but him being on the board simply fullfills the required numbers of board members for a US non profit. Kudos for him doing that.
President - Never understood him, never wil. He was elected on a temp basis, but his study was over and apparently had nother better to do after his study and sat tight for the title. Treats all SME Server assets and operations as his own, and acts like a dictator in my view. Can't speak or write proper English. Does not even know the name of the organisation and keeps calling it Koozali SME Server Inc.. That does not exist.

Hence the decline in user numbers, contributors and activity.

When in the position, I immediately would kill the whole Koozali branding that actually never happened, and start over with a non profit in the EU with a new team, including current members that would welcome that required change.

Or "They" can watch and see it all goes down the drain. I call that selfish, leave it to others that do want to make progression. It is also the reason why we lost many others as active members like Stefano.

The whole AD4 stuff "It must be in SME Sever 10", complete crap. Get SME Server out based on CentOS 7 and get in line and current first. Oh, the ever lasting card of "lack of resources" comes in to play. Well SME Server would not have a lack of resources when there was a vision and a plan years ago. And now "They" blame e.g. me, and everybody else.

O and by the way, it was me who strongly suggested that DanB35 would be asked to become a memebr of the board for his competence and long standing support and knwledge of SME Server. And I am still glad he accepted.

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 12:15:49 AM »
Locking
No deletion of any kind, but just an useless discussion