Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Not an April fool : smeserver-nextcloud available for you on SME9!!

Offline edb

• +0/-0
Re: Not an April fool : smeserver-nextcloud available for you on SME9!!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 05:10:58 PM »
One problem I have experienced is that though Nextcloud seems to be working fine on the local IP, I cannot access Nextcloud using my external link https://www.mydomain.com/nextcloud and since I have a redirect in our Primary html folder it simply goes to that site instead of opening the Nextcloud login page. Why would that be?

Another thing I noticed (after playing with it in the test environment for a while) is that I have another online store website in a different iBay (store) and as soon as Nextcloud was installed I can no longer access that site either internally or externally which is very weird. It doesn't change anything with the stock php version or any of those files does it because the website is php 5.3 version specific and also uses php-mcrypt and Zend optimizer.
Guess I will have to get this figured out before I could go live with it but I assume it may be something simple.
Maybe a pear path if that somehow gets changed I don't know and hard to find any log file clues.
Just don't know what yet so any input would be appreciated.

-edb

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 05:34:28 PM »
Well I think I answered my first question by looking at the config show and seeing that nextcloud was set as
|access|private|status|enabled which would indicate only private access not from the web.
So I would assume that if I set this to public instead of private that then I would be able to access via the external web interface at www.mydomain.com/nextcloud and come to the login prompt right?

Still don't know about the second issue though.

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2018, 05:48:04 PM »
Well I think I answered my first question by looking at the config show and seeing that nextcloud was set as
|access|private|status|enabled which would indicate only private access not from the web.
So I would assume that if I set this to public instead of private that then I would be able to access via the external web interface at www.mydomain.com/nextcloud and come to the login prompt right?

Still don't know about the second issue though.
by default restricted to local, but you can use the primary domain name from the LAN.
Indeed you need to authorize external access.

If you want to allow the use of another domain pointing to the server, you need to manually authorize it first by login it as admin.

I was not able to reproduce your second issue. Is your other online store has "nextcloud" in its path or ibay name ?

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 05:52:12 PM »
That's good to hear Jean .... would you think it production ready once you have addressed the few bugs?
Man I can tell you I sure appreciate all your hard work!
Is there a Calendar sharing component too or is that best addressed through Horde?
Thanks again ...

-edb

I use it in production. Just do not try to update it using the GUI for the moment.
There is a calendar app in it, you can use this one or horde or roundcube and others alternatives are good too.

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 06:24:24 PM »
by default restricted to local, but you can use the primary domain name from the LAN.
Indeed you need to authorize external access.

If you want to allow the use of another domain pointing to the server, you need to manually authorize it first by login it as admin.

I was not able to reproduce your second issue. Is your other online store has "nextcloud" in its path or ibay name ?

Ok that is what I thought so I will likely have to make it public to be able to access from outside our network or on the Internet.

The second issue is a bit weird for sure and the only other possible hint for that issue may be a result of this error when installing nextcloud as per the contrib steps:
Code: [Select]
[ OK ]
[root@defconl ~]# service php-fpm start Starting php-fpm:
[root@defconl ~]# service php71—php—fpm s Starting- php-fpm: [21 —Jun —2018 00:04:03] ERROR: unable to
for address '127.0.0.1:9000': Address already in use (98)
[ 21 — Jun —2 018 00:04:03] ERROR: FPM initialization
hind listening socket
[ FAILED]
I'm not sure if this error would have anything to do with it or if it was harmless but I did capture it just in case.
But something must have changed because if I revert back on a snapshot before the nextcloud contrib is installed then everything for the store website works and if I go to the snapshot with nextcloud installed then the store site no longer works I just get nothing at all.

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 07:49:28 PM »
Ok here is something I noticed that may have something to do with why my (store) iBay stopped working after the Nextcloud install.

Here is my php version info before the nextcloud install:
[root@defcon1 ~]# php -v
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Mar 22 2017 12:27:09)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies

And here is the way it looks after the install of nextcloud:
root@defcon1 ~]# php -v
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Mar 22 2017 12:27:09)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2010, by Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.5, Copyright (c) 1999-2015, by Zend Technologies

Could the addition of ZEND OPcache be causing the issue?

So when I look at the values for the phpinfo for the store ibay it shows OPcache loaded so for a test how would I be able to stop it from loading for that specific ibay?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:12:03 PM by edb »

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »
Okay, I figured it out finally and yes it was due to the opcache.enable=1 being enabled that was causing my other Zend website to stop functioning.

So what I had to do is disable it in /etc/php.d/opcache.ini and change the entry to :
opcache.enable=0 instead of 1 and that got the website to start working again.

It appears that Nextcloud is also still working fine without it enabled so not sure what role it plays other than to speed things up?

Not sure if this was a global setting that could somehow be disabled on a per ibay basis for example but likely not.

Anyway it appears that the issues are all solved now unless someone know a reason why I would have to have it enabled.

Maybe this will help other who run into this challenge as well.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:23:28 AM by edb »

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 02:42:35 AM »
Can someone tell me what the correct db command would be to allow WAN (public) access to nextcloud?
I tried just changing from private to public but that didn't seem to work so I must be missing something.
config show nextcloud displays access=public but not sure why this doesn't work when I go to www.mydomain.com/nextcloud.

Offline sages

• +0/-0
    • http://www.sages.com.au
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 03:23:22 AM »
Did you follow the example under inthe NextCloud wiki entry for settings?

ie did you also  run

signal-event nextcloud-update

after changing the db setting?

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 03:35:25 AM »
Did you follow the example under inthe NextCloud wiki entry for settings?

ie did you also  run

signal-event nextcloud-update

after changing the db setting?

Thank you for pointing that out .... the signal-event nextcloud-update was what I needed to do and it appears working now.
Thank you very much.

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2018, 11:20:57 PM »
One thing I noticed since installing nextcloud contrib is that now when I create a new user or make changes in server manager it takes for ever for them to complete and I get a message like this:
Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /server-manager/cgi-bin/useraccounts.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

When I click on Users in server manger I can see that the user was indeed created just don't know why that is happening now. Seem a bit buggy.

Offline sages

• +0/-0
    • http://www.sages.com.au
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2018, 02:15:11 AM »
Pretty sure Nextcloud is re-scanning file folders after each update. This can take a long time if any folders contain large numbers of files.

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2018, 09:40:37 PM »
the events are running to scan file and to update ldap db. Both are time consuming, and run for longer than the server manager was designed to wait for. The more user and group, the longer time it takes.
The task is running as background so it will end on itself cleanly, but indeed this could create a timeout on your side so you do not see the actual result...
this is a known issue, and could also happen if you have hundreds of users, groups and domains

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2018, 10:22:06 PM »
the events are running to scan file and to update ldap db. Both are time consuming, and run for longer than the server manager was designed to wait for. The more user and group, the longer time it takes.
The task is running as background so it will end on itself cleanly, but indeed this could create a timeout on your side so you do not see the actual result...
this is a known issue, and could also happen if you have hundreds of users, groups and domains

Ok, that explains it then and other than the time out error it appears to be harmless.
Would be good if there was a way to increase the server-manager time-out setting though.
I can live with it knowing that it is all actually working as it should with the error exception.
I used to be able to save changes within 10-30 seconds and now it is a couple minutes.

Offline edb

• +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2018, 07:52:27 PM »
I am currently running
smeserver-nextcloud-1.1.0-8.el6.sme.noarch and I beleive it is the latest but is it safe to update from Nextcloud to the newer version 13.0.4?
I seem to remember you saying that the update had some issues but not sure if they were fixed yet or not and don't want to break anything.
Thanks

-edb