Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Modifying the user and group pages with extra attributes

Offline andrewm30

• +0/-0
Modifying the user and group pages with extra attributes
« on: August 10, 2017, 05:16:27 PM »
Hello, first post..sorry if this is in the wrong section or if I missed it on the wiki.

We have an IDP, that supports SAML and some other protocols, but we need a centralized user database, which we do not currently have..and we have a lot of users ( over 2000..no domain..I know, I know..crazy but that's what they have).

So we are looking into building an LDAP to normalize logins across our internal and external (eventually) sites and applications we use.

The question I have, and I know this can be added via phpldapadmin..but some of the attributes, like employee type, they want to be able to pass to the other applications/websites for a form of ACL based on employee type, for example.

Is there a way to add a field when creating or modifying the users via the web GUI to have more than just the defaults? If so, what files/scripts will I need to modify? Or am I going to have to use phpldapadmin to create users with the fields I need?

Is there an extension I might of missed to make this easier? I appreciate any help in this matter.

-Andrew

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
Re: Modifying the user and group pages with extra attributes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 12:23:58 PM »
It looks like you can add fields to the Users web panel by adding a new <field...> </field> section to this file:
/etc/e-smith/web/functions/useraccounts

The <label> value is translated if it is found in the user's language file, and rendered literally if not.

You will want to create a contrib for this, or keep really good notes  -- changes made directly to this file will be overwritten any time e-smith-base is updated.

guest22

Re: Modifying the user and group pages with extra attributes
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:25:48 PM »
Is there an extension I might of missed to make this easier? I appreciate any help in this matter.

Hi and welcome,

LDAP + LemonLDAP contrib is what you may looking for, next to some customizations. Daniel may be able to assist you on this topic.