Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Awstats stop every middle of the week amd start after logrotate

Offline paulfung

• +0/-0
    • http://www.datayard.com
Awstats stop every middle of the week amd start after logrotate
« on: November 06, 2016, 08:33:22 AM »
I have a SEM 9.1 running as web server with awstats 7.1 and the server-manager panel.  as the logrotate goes every 7 days. I found awstats will stop in the middle of the week, and come back on after the logrotate runs.

Are we having a problem with awstats ? or it is just my problem, I have try to go through all the log files but have no idea why this happen ?

Anyone got the same problem ? did any one have any idea or have solve it ?

Need some help and I real got not idea how this happens.

Best regards,

Paul
Best Regards,

Paul T.C.Fung
  :lol:  :hammer:

guest22

Re: Awstats stop every middle of the week amd start after logrotate
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 09:36:26 AM »
More information on what the log files say is needed please.

Offline paulfung

• +0/-0
    • http://www.datayard.com
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 08:59:46 AM »
I have gone through many logs in the /var/log files, got no awstats related error, only found that there is a awstats in :
/var/log/httpd/awstats

Which log I should look into, the message log do not give me any info needed.

Please give some light on which log I should look into, or which "Key Word" I should grep form the log ?
Best Regards,

Paul T.C.Fung
  :lol:  :hammer:

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 09:18:59 PM »
I am not sure of what your problem actually is & how you determined it is what you say. If you are finding nothing in the logs what has led you to the conclusions you made in your first post ?

I would suggest looking in the messages log file, you can look at this is the server manager View Log files panel.
You would look around & before the time these issues occur.

Also something stopping in Linux is typically a sign of a busy (overloaded) system, & Linux will queue the tasks till later when system resources become available.
It can appear as if something has stopped or crashed (aka Windows) but Linux is just slowly processing all requests & queueing those it cannot action at the time eg due to not enough memory  ( RAM) or whatever.
You should look at running processes & see what is using up system CPU & system memory & swap memory.
Use
top -i
&/or
htop
or try something like
ps -aux
at command prompt.
Also you can open a console comnand prompt & monitor activity using the tail command. I am not sure off the top of my head what to monitor but someone else here may jump in & suggest something. Search these forums on tail & you may get some clues.

Starting point is to run htop or similar in an instance of the console while the problem is occuring, note what processes are using CPU & how much percentage & note how much memory each process is using, & also check amount of available & swap memory.
You should always have a lot of swap memory available, if it is low you will have problems.

More feedback from you about your system specs is needed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 09:21:59 PM by janet »
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.