Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Donations 2016

guest22

Donations 2016
« on: February 10, 2016, 11:20:34 AM »
Hi all,

as usual, once a year we ask your kind attention for our donation program.

Last year (2015) ‘we’ have brought you Koozali SME Server 8.2 and 9.1 and good progress is being made to prep (very early stages) for Koozali SME Server 10 (based on CentOS 7). The Koozali Foundation Inc. would like to thank all who have contributed in any way to secure our past, present and future and make this all possible!

As you all know, Koozali SME Server is free to use, but not free to build. And to provide you with 7x9’s uptime of our community websites (wiki, forums, bugtracker etc.) and infrastructure takes a lot of effort and is not free either.
(please see https://wiki.contribs.org/Welcome for what it takes.)

We therefore kindly ask you to consider to donate or re-new your donations, either one time off but preferably on a periodically basis.

Our special additional goal this year is to get as many Koozali SME users as possible to donate $ 1 a month. And we want as many as possible!, so please visit our donations page and set up your $ 1 periodic donation! We will let you know how many are joining and add a special forum tag to your user name if you have joined.

Especially businesses that use Koozali SME Server for their business, provide professional services related to SME Server or in any other way benefit commercially from the Koozali SME Server project, are kindly requested to consider regular financial donations that reflect their business benefits.

Koozali Foundation Inc. is happy to supply an invoice for any donations received. For more information on invoicing please send a mail to treasurer@koozali.org.

Please visit our donations page to learn about how to donate to Koozali SME Server here: https://wiki.contribs.org/Donate

Stay in touch, get involved. Thank you for your considerations!

The Koozali Foundation Inc.

Offline brianr

• +2/-0
Re: Donations 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 11:31:42 AM »
done.
Brian j Read
(retired, for a second time, still got 2 installations though)
The instrument I am playing is my favourite Melodeon.

guest22

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 11:33:55 AM »
Thanks! 1 and counting....

Offline Mophilly

• +0/-0
    • Mophilly
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 08:20:53 PM »
Good job! Glad to see progress on the release plan. I am excited to see SME 10 when it is ready.

I set up an automatic annual contribution a while back. I just checked it and it is good to go in July.   :-)
- Mark

Offline calisun

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 09:44:44 PM »
I have donated in the past, unfortunately I am currently in a bit of financial hardship, but soon as business pics up, I will definitely donate again. Go SME Server, best Linux server out there.
SME user and community member since 2005.
Want to install Wordpress in iBay of SME Server?
See my step-by-step How-To wiki here:
http://wiki.contribs.org/Wordpress_Multisite

Offline stefan24

• +0/-0
    • www.sme-server.de
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 05:41:14 PM »
I am donating for some years now (Bronze level), but the payment is not attached to my current account, since I cannot see any sing about it. Whom can I contact to change this?

Offline Mophilly

• +0/-0
    • Mophilly
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 05:47:15 PM »
I am donating for some years now (Bronze level), but the payment is not attached to my current account, since I cannot see any sing about it. Whom can I contact to change this?

+1

I just checked my account on this site, the donation for 2015 as well as the one just made for 2016 are not listed in my profile.
- Mark

Offline Daniel B.

• +0/-0
    • Firewall Services, la sécurité des réseaux
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 06:12:12 PM »
Thanks for notifying us. We'll look at this issue ASAP (but as we're on vacation perdiod, it can take some time...)

Cheers
Daniel
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 06:16:17 PM by Daniel B. »
C'est la fin du monde !!! :lol:

Offline Jean-Philippe Pialasse

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
    • http://smeserver.pialasse.com
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 12:03:49 PM »
First I want to thank you for your financial support to Koozali SME Server.

We have moved 3 years ago now our paypal account to paypal@koozali.org, the previous one was not attached to the foundation so we can not administer properly.

Furthermore, the forum can only handle one paypal account, so any donation done to the former account can not be accounted automatically to give you the rank you deserve !

As we will really need to close the previous account ( it should have been done for months), please consider to migrate to the new one today!

I see that both of you are part of the last few persons still using the old one, I have updated your forum status manually, but please update your recurring contribution if you use one.

Offline stefan24

• +0/-0
    • www.sme-server.de
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 07:41:06 AM »
You are right! I just updated my Paypal payments and will use the new paypal account of Koozali next year!

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 07:44:02 AM »
Stefan24,
excellent, thank you for supporting SME Server !

Offline Fumetto

• +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2016, 08:16:38 PM »
I've deleted automatic annual revenew of bronze lvl for forum, think next year should I join again for bronze level.
Link for donate on first wiki page is correct for donation "on installation", right?

PS:
I remember that there was a discussion about it but I can not find it (actually I looked a little).  :P
I have a small proposal: why not provide for access to updates (maybe only smecontribs) only for registered and activated installations (with some crock php / perl / java / c ++ / sarcazzi (for the translation of "sarcazzi" ask Stefano  :-D )) ?
If the map is real, it would be enough even $ 5 for each installation to pay a lot of expenses ... for repository, ecc...

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2016, 09:12:04 PM »
activated installations (with some crock php / perl / java / c ++ / sarcazzi (for the translation of "sarcazzi" ask Stefano 

you b....rd :-)
let's say "whatever" ;-)

• +11/-0
  • aka Unnilennium
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 10:00:36 PM »
With 5$ a year per server we would be able to pay for a full time dev...
This would change everything !

Offline Mophilly

• +0/-0
    • Mophilly
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 11:03:19 PM »
I reset my contribution with annual renewal just now, Thursday, July 21, at 2:00 PM Pacific time. Please let me know if the transaction does not appear in your records.
- Mark

Offline SchulzStefan

• +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 08:34:47 PM »
done.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

Time, 1973
(Mason, Waters, Wright, Gilmour)