Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

How to update the plugins of Dokuwiki?

Offline Arnaud

• +0/-0
    • GuedeL
How to update the plugins of Dokuwiki?
« on: February 06, 2016, 05:12:32 PM »
Hello,

I would need to update the plugin "howhard" installed by the contrib Dokuwiki (because of an ugly typo in the french version) and I would take this opportunity to update other plugins.
Unfortunately, it seems not to be possible by the classical way (=directly from dukuwiki) because of a missing access or missing permissions on the folder / files.
It is not very surprising in fact: all has been installed by "root" and "admin" tries to make modifications.

So, how can I do?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Arnaud

Offline Arnaud

• +0/-0
    • GuedeL
Re: How to update the plugins of Dokuwiki?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 06:19:27 PM »
The plugins are place into /usr/share/dokuwiki/lib/plugins and have root:root or root:www for permissions.

Setting chown -R apache:www (apache:www is the permission of afterwards installed plugins) make them updatable (exepted dw2pdf and odt that makes dokuwiki stop to works by the update).

Is it the right solution?
If "yes", why are the permission not apache:www per default by the installation of the contrib?

Bye
Arnaud

Offline Daniel B.

• +0/-0
    • Firewall Services, la sécurité des réseaux
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 06:25:46 PM »
No, it's not a good solution. Those plugins are packaged in the dokuwiki-plugins rpm. You need to wait for me (as I'm the maintainer of this contrib) to update this package with the latest version of the various plugins it bundles. If you want to update them manually, you should install dokuwiki manually.
C'est la fin du monde !!! :lol:

Offline Arnaud

• +0/-0
    • GuedeL
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 06:40:22 PM »
Thanks for this clear answer Daniel.
Bye
Arnaud