Board Election 2015

Online ReetP

• +5/-0
Board Election 2015
« on: November 13, 2015, 06:55:37 PM »
Elections 2015

Hello people.

Where has a year gone ?

The time has come to elect the Board for the forthcoming year.

As we have had a vacancy on the Board for some long while the decision was taken to co-opt Hsing Foo Wang to the Board. He had been around here longer than most and has been an active participant in things. He is our main wiki maintainer, and keeps all in line with the bug tracker making sure the reports on statuses etc are correct. Invaluable work.

Once again we have not been idle, though yet again we have spent too much time 'fire-fighting' and not enough developing for the future.

Things were not helped by ex users picking fights on lists early this year which caused a number of people to feel they had beteter things to do with their time than listen to people sitting on the side and sniping at the very people who do the work. If you want to comment, please get involved and make something happen. But please don't just sit back and criticise the people who are doing the work.

Donations creep along - we have enough to keep the infrastructure running for a while, but we would like to see more donations to enable us to possibly hire in some dev work. We are going to try and revamp the Koozali site and work is on going on this.

v8.2 is out of the doors finally. It has taken some work and includes a lot of fixes, enhancements and updates. Note that this will be the last version of v8.x which will now move to bugfix/maintenance mode to allow us to concentrate on v9 and the future.

v9.1 is now at RC1 - we hope that this will be rolled out soon though there appeared to be a couple of issues on the latest development ISO.

Once 9.1 is out we hope to look further to the future both wth respect to an updated server-manager, and I CentOS 7 as a base. There is a huge leap due to systemd (I'm not getting into arguments about that here !)

I will do a full report for the end of the year, but just wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of those on the Board, and elsewhere, who have done so much in the last 12 months.

You do not have to be a coder to help. The Board is there predominantly to oversee the finances of Koozali SME Server. As there are few active developers, then those on the Board take such decisions on the future development as required, but in consultation with other developers.

Voting

To keep things simple I intend to run the Election as we did last year - I know that the draft bye laws states that each registered member of the forum "shall have one vote each".

But it doesn't state what that vote is actually for - an individual or a collective.

To keep the process simple the list of current members is proposed in a separate post, and if you agree with the list then you could follow up with a Subject line of "Vote".

On this basis we make the assumption that you are voting for one of the listed Nominees.

If there is anyone who does not agree with re-election of the nominated people, then please state in a follow up to this post and we will have to separate it out.

If you wish to stand for election yourself then please start a new post with a title of "Nominee - Your Name" and write a little about who you are and why you should be elected.

If more than 9 people stand, then we will split it into individual votes and work from there.

Please DO NOT use any of the threads to try and make political capital etc or start long debates. Any such threads will be removed and the user banned. Please just VOTE or NOMINEE and nothing else.

B. Rgds
John
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Online ReetP

• +5/-0
Re: Board Election 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 02:04:44 AM »
Elections are now closed for this year. Our thanks to all those who voted.

There were a total of 41 votes in favour of the nominated members with one 'spoiled' vote.

The Board will be constituted as voted for in the forthcoming year.

B. Rgds
John Crisp

Koozali Foundation Inc.
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation