March 21, 2017.
With the release of SME Server 8.2 on Nov 04 2015 it was announced
that the upstream project, CentOS 5, was nearing End of Life. Today the
SME Server updates team is again announcing that SME Server 8 will
reach End of Life on Mar 31 2017 after which we will no longer provide
any support for SME Server 8 and it will be considered obsolete.
This means from Mar 31 2017
- No further updates will be released
- No security updates will be released
- The SME 8 release will be moved into the "obsolete" tree on the mirrors
- Existing SME Server 8.X bugs will be closed with WONTFIX
- The SME Server 8.X bug category will be closed for bug entry
If you have not already upgraded to SME 9, you should do so immediately.
SME Server 9.1 is the current stable release. (SME Server 9.2 soon to be released)
The SME Server team is working on releasing SME Server 10, it is currently in Alpha and there is no planned release date currently. Please consider supporting its development http://smeserver.org/donate