Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

what priority must have my server to send and recieve

Offline DanB35

• +0/-0
    • http://www.familybrown.org
Re: what priority must have my server to send and recieve
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 04:43:35 PM »
-bash :nmap:command not found
RequestedDeletion and Janet have already correctly mentioned that nmap isn't part of the standard e-smith/SME distribution, but if you're doing it from within your network, it isn't going to produce valid results anyway.  The problem (or at least a problem) is that your firewall is blocking access to the port that's used for email delivery from outside your network (as well as access to pretty much every other port).  You need to fix your firewall configuration.

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »
I remove already second entry
1 altawi.com.sa
Now mx record as following
0  mserver.altawi.com.sa 
and no sending or recieving any email
what i do
i do as you tell me

as you been already told, you'd really think about hiring someone to do this job
don't get me wrong, but IMO you lack some needed knowledge and we all are suffering a language barrier too

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 05:18:01 PM »
If you do not know how to do this then you need to get an IT professional to help you.

This is really what needs to be done.

Offline ahmedsa

• +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 09:47:48 PM »
I agree can you give me please
any one support me remotely for hired or help me in this task
please if any one can help me if possible
my case as following
domain altawi.com.sa
server mode server only
Corporate dns server address 212.93.192.5
Cisco router inside network 192.168.1.254
and inside mail server using as gateway with ip 192.168.1.254
I have another router linksys his gateway 192.168.1.1
for internet connected with Cisco router each other in switch
mail server don't provide dhcp
public ip 78.93.244.61
I check now by grc in computer in local network in network have mail server
i search for port 25 and 110 it is closed how to open i don't know
I have Cisco firewall in front of server(but i don't know any thing about it)
also test internet connection not work in mail server although i can ping in public ip 78.93.244.61
my mx record now
0 mserver.altawi.com.sa
i don't know this is from mail server or from Cisco 800 series  router
all these settings work for 5 year nothing changed suddenly no sending or receiving
because in Saudi Arabia no center or company support sme software
if any one know any person support me remotely for hire

Offline DanB35

• +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 11:03:02 PM »
Who is responsible for maintaining your network?  You?  Because if that's your job, and you've got a firewall device that you don't know anything about, you've got bigger problems than your email.  If that isn't your job, then talk to the person whose job it is, and tell them they need to open up the firewall so mail can be delivered to your server.

Your immediate problem is the firewall.  It's blocking access to port 25, which means that incoming mail can't reach your SME server.  I don't think any of us can say whether there may be a problem with the configuration of your SME server as well, but that isn't the immediate problem.  Cisco is a worldwide organization.  I guarantee there is support available for Cisco devices in Saudi Arabia (heck, there's probably support available in Antarctica).  I don't know if you'd be best dealing direct with Cisco, or with a local IT professional.  Or you can remove the firewall entirely and set your SME server to server/gateway mode, in which it will act as the router/firewall itself.  Unless you need some advanced firewall configuration (which seems unlikely, if you don't know anything about the device in the first place), this is probably your best bet.

If you want support for your server, and there aren't SME-knowledgeable IT pros locally, look for one who's familiar with CentOS 6 / Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.  RedHat's web site (http://redhat.force.com/finder/FindPartner) lists 25 or so vendors in Saudi Arabia; those certainly aren't the only folks who know RHEL, but they would have gone through some training and certification with them, no doubt, and certainly would have paid some sort of fee to be listed.

https://www.theknowledgeacademy.com/sa/courses/linux-distributions-software-training/sme-server-software/dammam/ appear to have a training course in SA on SME Server (it isn't 100% clear that it's the same SME Server, but it sure sounds like it); they may offer support as well.  They were just the second search result when I googled "sme server 9 support saudi arabia"; I have no other knowledge or affiliation with them.

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 11:39:44 PM »
I have Cisco firewall in front of server(but i don't know any thing about it)

Get rid of it. It is causing you problems, and is unnecessary.

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2015, 12:48:29 AM »
ahmedsa

I recall that I already referred you to these people some time ago
From the Koozali partner list at http://www.koozali.org/partners/find-a-partner

Firewall-Services
Technopôle Bordeaux-Montesquieu
33650 Martillac
Aquitaine - France
Tél : +33.5 56 64 15 32
Mail : contact@firewall-services.com
Web : www.firewall-services.com

There is another person in Australia, Graeme Robinson, not sure if he wants to support you in SA, but no technical reason he could not.
He posts here & on bugzilla from time to time, so search & ask.

If agreeable they (Firewall Services) could provide remote support & they know SME server very well.
You are probably better off using someone who understands SME/Koozali server, as other support people may suggest you replace the server with something else, which sort of defeats the intent.

Can you answer the following please:

Why do you need to have a seperate Cisco router in front of your SME server ?
Why do you need or prefer to have SME server in server only mode ?
Is it feasible from a network perspective/reason that you reconfigure the SME to be in server & gateway mode, & reconfigure the physical modem (maybe it's a router) to be in bridged mode (which passes signals straight through with no internal functionality) & you completely remove the Cisco or any other firewall.
That is the simplest & in many cases most effective way of using SME server ie
in server & gateway mode with a modem in bridged mode acting as the connection to the Internet. In this mode, SME server acts as the router & firewall (masq), so no seperate firewall is needed.

Why do you need/prefer to use a corporate DNS server ?
(SME server can do that job quite well on its own) ?

What/why is the reason you have another router ?
(linksys gateway 192.168.1.1 for internet connected with Cisco router each other in switch)
My  guess is that your Internet access for SME server is switching between these firewalls & they are configured differently, one is forwarding ports to SME & one is not, that could be the source of your problem, but I am guessing.

You still have not explained about the domain name (URL), it seems altawi.com.sa is hosted on another server & is providing the web site hosting, & your mail is handled by a different server ie the mserver.altawi.com.sa on a different WAN IP
Why have you split them (if that is correct) ?

all these settings work for 5 year nothing changed suddenly no sending or receiving

Well that is not necessarily correct, something has changed, you are just claiming you made no changes or are not aware of any changes having been made.
Something has changed (eg settings, hardware failure, reconfiguration that someone else did ????)

The sooner you accept that something has changed (ie happened) then you are more likely to start looking at your total system to find what has happened.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 01:30:49 AM by janet »
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline ahmedsa

• +0/-0
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2015, 08:17:01 AM »
I send already to this mail  contact@firewall-services.com
and i wait for reply

Offline ahmedsa

• +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2015, 08:44:07 AM »
I use Cisco router because i need to get public/static ip
and publish ip

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2015, 09:47:30 AM »
ahmedsa

I use Cisco router because i need to get public/static ip
and publish ip

You need to explain more fully.

SME server can act as the router for your network, & act as the interface gateway to the Internet, all you need is a modem in bridged mode between SME server & your incoming Internet connection eg ADSL phone line.

Probably your Cisco router could be "dumbed down" & you turn off routing functionality & other functionality eg DHCP etc & set it up purely in bridged modem mode.

You need to answer all questions, just answering one partially does not contribute much to this discussion. Are you lazy ?

What about the second router gateway (firewall ?) why do you need that ?

Offline ahmedsa

• +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2015, 10:07:44 AM »
OK i can give any information about my server about what you need
OK i have two modem
1- Cisco firewall router(only using as gateway to mail server 192.168.1.254
2- linksys for normal internet this modem not related to email as 192.168.1.1
this only for distribute internet for all computer's inside company and this dsl for telephone line
different about telephone line for Cisco router
really i don't need to using Cisco firewall
i need to using only sme mail server only without using cisco but i need help for me
any way let me send or receive email outside
i agree for that
but how if you show me i agree for that and i will do every step you tell me

Offline janet

• +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2015, 01:30:14 PM »
ahmedsa

Draw a detailed diagrammatic layout of your network & show how various devices (SME, routers, Cisco etc) all connect together etc.
Post it back here. This may help us to understand your network.

The short answer to resolve all this is:
Look up the handbook online for your Cisco router & reconfigure it for bridged modem mode (passthrough), turn off ALL other functionality eg DHCP, WAP, dynamic hosting, port forwarding etc etc.
Reconfigure your sme server in server & gateway mode. Enter all the ISP login details & static IP into the admin console, via the "Configure this server" screens.
SME server will do everything your Cisco router has been doing, but with less hassle & it will be easier for you to manage using the SME "server manager".

I cannot do this remotely for you, I don't think anyone can, so you will have to learn how to do this yourself, or pay someone locally who understands how to set up this sort of equipment ie a network technician. They do not need to be an SME server expert.
They can read the SME server Manual online & should be able to work it out if they are technically minded.

...and I now look forward to you following through on your committment "but how if you show me i agree for that and i will do every step you tell me"
Start now.

Offline ahmedsa

• +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2015, 02:32:56 PM »
there are more requests
what i select
server and gateway dedicated
or
server and gateway dial up
and which port i using

Offline DanB35

• +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
what i select
server and gateway dedicated
or
server and gateway dial up
Are you using a dial-up modem?

You do know that there's a manual, right?  Chapter 5 (http://wiki.contribs.org/SME_Server:Documentation:Administration_Manual:Chapter5) covers installation and configuration.

Offline ahmedsa

• +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2015, 02:53:08 PM »
No only using
cisco firewall modem adsl
linksys modem adsl