Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Guest LAN

Offline jekal

• +0/-0
Guest LAN
« on: May 31, 2015, 07:04:37 PM »
Hi,

I am using a v8.1 in Gateway Mode and 2 WLAN Access Points. One  of them I want to use as a "guest WLAN" With internet access only for guests. The other one is secured with MAC access filter.

Any idea how to configure this w/o proxy ?

Thx
jens

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
Re: Guest LAN
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 12:04:14 AM »
CoovaChilli does what you want; I don't know if it still works...

Offline jekal

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 07:48:31 AM »
CoovaChilli does what you want; I don't know if it still works...
Hi,
It comes very close to it.  But instead of using a third NIC I am looking more for a software solution. Maybe based on a separate address range?

Regards
Jens

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 11:29:00 AM »
SME is linux, so you can always find a solution.. in your case you'd use an alias.. but you'll be on your own, since it is not supported..

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 01:39:01 PM »
Hi,
It comes very close to it.  ...

OK - my next idea would be to use use a wifi router as your internet gateway *outside* the SME server, with the router's wifi configured for guest users.

Or, use a router instead of an access point for guests, set the WAN IP on the router to a fixed IP on your SME LAN, then create custom settings to deny access from that IP to anything on the SME server, and (if possible) rules on the router to deny access to anything on the WAN subnet except the SME server.

Online TerryF

• grumpy old man
  • +6/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 06:42:56 AM »
I use this http://coova.org/CoovaAP on a Linksys WRT54GL, this provides a guest wifi network.  This is simply networked via cable to a Billion modem/router for internet access.

All works fine, local lan etc isolated from guest network.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:46:44 AM by TerryF »
--
qui scribit bis legit