Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

User-Panel

Offline gtech

• +0/-0
User-Panel
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:38:08 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Long time since I have been on here and just had to upgrade to Version 9.  Everything went on nicely, however I am having issues with one of the Contribs there I really need to use for my users access and that's the "User-Panel".

When I try to do the normal install of it, it continually fails.

Has anyone any advice on how to get this up and running please.

Kind Regards

Graeme

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
Re: User-Panel
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 10:47:56 AM »
"it continually fails" doesn't help us nor you

please report here the error, thank you..

guest22

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
"it continually fails" doesn't help us nor you

Agree with Stefano. Be as specific as you can. Add logs. Did you check the compatibility of the contrib against SME9?

Offline gtech

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
Sorry guys,

I was in a bit of a rush, trying to do too much at once, and unfortunately left work now for the weekend, so everything is based on memory until Monday.

But basically in SME 6 (our last system), the users could login themselves and change their passwords through the "Password-Manager" contrib.

Upgraded to SME 9 and ran the commands I previously ran to install the "Password-Manager" and it result in the system reporting back "nothing to do"   So I assume its already installed in SME V9.  But cannot for the life of me see how to access it from a users point of view.

I can grab the logs on Monday and post up.

guest22

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 10:32:48 AM »
But basically in SME 6 (our last system), the users could login themselves and change their passwords through the "Password-Manager" contrib.

That's a long time ago. Both SME Server 8 and 9 support user password changes. Please read the documentation.

Offline gtech

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 10:34:47 AM »
I am eagerly reading the docs now..... shows how reliable the SME Server was, only reason for the upgrade is one of the drives failed, system itself was rock solid and sat behind an office door for the last 5yrs or so doing its daily thing.

Offline gtech

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 10:36:10 AM »
and just found it  :-P   "www.yourserver.net/user-password"

When will men learn to read before diving in  :D