Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

items marked as off on reboot

Offline BlueLake

• +0/-0
items marked as off on reboot
« on: November 01, 2014, 09:07:25 AM »
I have recently upgraded my server from to v9 and then restored my data from from a v8.1 backup usb - all is fine and all my data is still intact, but when I reboot the server a few Items are marked in red as off - Oident, Nut (whatever that is). The screen goes to fast to see everything, but I am sure clamd is off also and (something)ssl. I have gone into the server manager and made sure everything I need to have is set correctly but still items are marked as red. So the question is this a result of restoring from a usb or is it v9 issue ie no longer required...? and should I be worried and is my firewall ok.   

guest22

Re: items marked as off on reboot
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 10:16:59 AM »
I have gone into the server manager and made sure everything I need to have is set correctly but still items are marked as red.
What is red, do you have a screenshot?

So the question is this a result of restoring from a usb or is it v9 issue ie no longer required...? and should I be worried and is my firewall ok.

Did you do yum update (what date) before restoring?

guest22

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 10:37:54 AM »
ps. You might want to install sme9admin to get a good overview of all your defined services.

http://wiki.contribs.org/Sme9admin

Offline BlueLake

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 10:39:39 AM »
I bought 4 new sas hard drives 150gb each) to give me a raid 1 configuration (2 x 300gb) booted with the v9.iso and at the point of "Restore from backup" I answered yes and plugged in the usb(v8.1) and the install continued. v9 was installed(checked with server-manager) and everything seemed Ok.

On reboot certain items are marked as off the first is oidnt [off], the second is nut [off] - there are one or two others one i think is clamd and another is somethingssl (the screen is going quite fast at this point to see. I didn't do a yum update after - did i need too?     

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 10:57:01 AM »
you have nothing to worry about as long as you didn't have enabled nut (daemon to manage ups) on the old server..

Offline BlueLake

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »
Ok (not even sure I know what nut is - ups I think) is there a way I can slow down the screen to see what the other items are, marked in red...?

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »
you don't need to know what's on or off.. you should worry about [failed] items

relax ;-)

Offline BlueLake

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 11:21:19 AM »
Ok...so all is well :-P

guest22

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 11:23:58 AM »

Offline BlueLake

• +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 11:42:50 AM »
Good idea - cheers...

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 04:14:46 PM »
... but when I reboot the server a few Items are marked in red as off - Oident, Nut (whatever that is).

Those are services which are disabled, either because they have status => disabled in the configuration database, or because they have no record for that service in the database.

It's normal for you to see some services marked 'OFF' on startup. If there is anything marked 'OFF' which should be running, they you can correct that via the configuration database (for some services, via settings in the server-manager).

You can slow down the screen scrolling by using contrl-S - then contrl-Q to start it again.

Offline BlueLake

• +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 08:59:50 PM »
Hi Charlie and thanks for the reply

Its just a little disconcerting when things are marked in red (especially when you don't know what they are, and on a new install)  8 to 9. The contrl-S will be handy...

Cheers

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 09:26:16 PM »
Its just a little disconcerting when things are marked in red ...

It used to say "DISABLED', but that was too many letters and disturbed the display.