Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

"(No subject)". Email Vacation

Offline PlusPlus

• +0/-0
"(No subject)". Email Vacation
« on: October 29, 2014, 04:33:27 PM »
Hi there,

since i have updated from SME Server 7.6 to 9.0, there is a problem with the vacation auto reply message:

Guten Tag, vielen Dank fuer Ihre E-Mail mit dem Betreff "(No subject)".

It is configured like this:

Guten Tag, vielen Dank fuer Ihre E-Mail mit dem Betreff "$SUBJECT".

Enter a vacation message here. You can use "$SUBJECT" anywhere in the text to be replaced with the subject line from the email that activated the auto-reply.

http://wiki.contribs.org/Vacation

Have anybody an idea?

Offline craig

• +0/-0
Re: "(No subject)". Email Vacation
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:22:29 PM »
I'm not sure if it's linked in any way, but I have also had to insert a "From:" header line since version 8 for it to successfully work with public DNS. I've not used vacation on version 9 yet so I'm not sure if could be to do with a variable not passing. Hopefully someone with more familiarity with how vacation actually works can answer.

Offline PlusPlus

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:38:01 PM »
Oh sorry. Here the full text:

Subject: Abwesenheitsnotiz

Guten Tag, vielen Dank fuer Ihre E-Mail mit dem Betreff "$SUBJECT".

Offline mats

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 02:01:57 PM »
Just an update, because there are currently several open bugs regarding smeserver-vacation being worked on (8772, 8774, 8776).

It seems the vacation script (/usr/local/bin/vacation) only parses the Subject: mail header field of an incoming mail into the $SUBJECT variable if the incoming mail's Subject field starts with a capital 'S'. I found eg. that in a mail sent from SOGo MUA, headers contain:

Code: [Select]
subject: bla3

whereas in a mail sent from Horde MUA, headers contain:
Code: [Select]
Subject: bla3

In the auto-reply to the mail sent from Horde, the $SUBJECT gets expanded, in the auto-reply to the mail sent from SOGo, it does not get expanded and the fallback "(NO SUBJECT)" is used instead.

I have opened http://bugs.contribs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8777 for you to follow up this issue.

Cheers,

Mats