Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Need help enabling PCNTL in php on SME-9

Offline Mntsnow

• +0/-0
    • http://www.mntsnow.com
Need help enabling PCNTL in php on SME-9
« on: October 11, 2014, 05:47:21 PM »
I need some help getting the PCNTL extension enabled in php as it is need for an application called Racktables.  I've searched on the site and I don't come up with any answers as of yet on
Where/How do I turn it on? 
I know it is installed because when I did "yum install php-pcntl"  it returned the statement of "Package php-cli-5.3.3-27.el6_5.2.x86_64 already installed and latest version Nothing to do"
but during the setup of the application it returns an error showing that PCNTL is Not Present

I had to also install php-bcmath and php-snmp which seemed to install just fine and are now showing as present/enabled during the install where the PCNTL is listed as failing the check.

Thank you in advance for helpful insight.
SME-8 64bit
PowerEdge 1950 III
(2) Quad Core Xeon x5460 @ 3.16GHz
24Gb Memory
PERC 5i raid controller
4 x 500Gb SAS 7.2K Drives in Raid 5
Dual 1Gb Nics

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
Re: Need help enabling PCNTL in php on SME-9
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 04:26:49 AM »
I need some help getting the PCNTL extension enabled in php....

That's off-topic for this forum, which concerns only software installed via the SME Server CD. Your question should be asked in the Contribs forum.

Offline Mntsnow

• +0/-0
    • http://www.mntsnow.com
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 04:54:12 AM »
Thanks Charlie but I thought I was talking about pcntl which was part of the SME server CD as I didn't install Package php-cli-5.3.3-27.el6_5.2.x86_64  but found that it wasn't enabled when trying to setup another application that uses something that came with the base server's php package...but I'm happy to cut & paste this over into the "contribs" section..
SME-8 64bit
PowerEdge 1950 III
(2) Quad Core Xeon x5460 @ 3.16GHz
24Gb Memory
PERC 5i raid controller
4 x 500Gb SAS 7.2K Drives in Raid 5
Dual 1Gb Nics

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 04:36:04 PM »
I know it is installed because when I did "yum install php-pcntl"  it returned the statement of "Package php-cli-5.3.3-27.el6_5.2.x86_64 already installed and latest version Nothing to do"
but during the setup of the application it returns an error showing that PCNTL is Not Present

I think you should look for help in a php or racktables specific forum. Maybe the setup script is flawed, or maybe you need to make a change in php.ini.

[The thread has already been moved by a moderator, so don't worry about cut and paste.]