Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

server-manager Failure After 9 Install and Restore

Offline ylluminate

• +0/-0
Re: server-manager Failure After 9 Install and Restore
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 08:56:51 PM »
These domains are not the same...

No?  I thought that we were setting the cert for the host and then this was showing the domain of the host, ie:  `gateway` is the server / host name and `sub.domain.tld` is the domain and therefore this is right...

guest22

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »
Try the certification without the "gateway" according the wiki steps

Offline ylluminate

• +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 09:05:44 PM »
Try the certification without the "gateway" according the wiki steps

Okay, so after doing as instructed I have the same exact result except with the output you expected for the show domain.

guest22

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2014, 09:18:08 PM »
Ok, then I must be fair to say to you that I myself am out of options on this one.

I hope someone else will kick in to try to assist.

Good luck.

Offline ylluminate

• +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 09:19:24 PM »
@Stefano & @RequestedDeletion: if I can't get this resolved here shortly and have to proceed with a fresh reinstall + manual reconfig, how do I lift out old configs such as port forwards and dns name / dhcp ip lease assignments?  Is this in mysql or in a text file or flat db somewhere?  I was hunting a bit, but found nothing more than log entries so far for some of the hostname assignments.

guest22

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 09:21:35 PM »
config show > mysetings.txt

will be a start on that. Obviously the file mysettings.txt needs to be copied off the server

Offline ReetP

• +5/-0
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 09:30:22 PM »
@Stefano & @RequestedDeletion: if I can't get this resolved here shortly and have to proceed with a fresh reinstall + manual reconfig, how do I lift out old configs such as port forwards and dns name / dhcp ip lease assignments?  Is this in mysql or in a text file or flat db somewhere?  I was hunting a bit, but found nothing more than log entries so far for some of the hostname assignments.

As per HSF above, most settings should be stored in text files in /home/e-smith/db

However, you CANNOT just copy those over and expect them to work - but you can use them for reference.

A shame we can't get to the bottom of this is your time frame - might have been better if you had reported all of the info on the bug tracker as some devs don't read much in here.

If you keep your original backup, is there a chance that you can try and restore to a test server to try and replicate the issue so it can be looked at ? If so, follow up with a précis of the notes here on your bug.

B. Rgds
John
1. Read the Manual
2. Read the Wiki
3. Don't ask for support on Unsupported versions of software
4. I have a job, wife, and kids and do this in my spare time. If you want something fixed, please help.

Bugs are easier than you think: http://wiki.contribs.org/Bugzilla_Help

If you love SME and don't want to lose it, join in: http://wiki.contribs.org/Koozali_Foundation

Offline ylluminate

• +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 09:46:23 PM »
Thanks guys.  That is exactly what I needed.  I have perhaps another hour here before I have to dig in... I'll try whatever else I can before I have to plow it over if I get some more requests for things to try.  I certainly would like to resolve the bug as it is most definitely a hassle to reconfig, but obviously a necessity with the time constraints.

Offline ylluminate

• +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 09:49:40 PM »
*** OOPS *** I spoke too soon. 

`config show` does not seem to output MAC address -> IP and hostname + port forwarding assignments.  I can dig about the db, but wanted to note that this does not print those.

guest22

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 10:04:51 PM »
*** OOPS *** I spoke too soon. 

`config show` does not seem to output MAC address -> IP and hostname + port forwarding assignments.  I can dig about the db, but wanted to note that this does not print those.

Mac Addresses are only used as an unique identifier by UDEV when SME Server boots. SME Serevr itself will no longer keep track of them

iptables -L > mynetwork.txt

will list your networking part

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 11:59:23 PM »
$ config setprop modSSL CommonName gateway.sub.domain.tld

Why did you do that step? That's not usually done, and could be the cause of at least some of your problems.

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 12:08:25 AM »
You have at least two problems. One is the 'admin' login problem, and the other is the SSL certificate problem with apache.

Offline CharlieBrady

• +3/-0
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 12:14:19 AM »
@RequestedDeletion, this was using the stock cert that came with the 8.x installation a few years ago.

I think that's unlikely. SME server never used a CA certificate for its self-signed cert.

What steps, as per those instructions, do I follow to simply recreate the cert for sme server?

rm /home/e-smith/ssl.{crt,key,pem}/*
config delprop modSSL CommonName
config delprop modSSL crt
config delprop modSSL key
signal-event post-upgrade
signal-event reboot