Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Just wondering about ssl

Jean

Re: Just wondering about ssl
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2002, 09:09:11 PM »
I've re-read this thread several times over and am still having a problem.  My SME5.5 server is set to public mode.  My Outlook Express is configured to use port 465.  Certificate was successfully imported.  When I am on the LAN, I am able to make an SSL SMTP connection and send out emails.  Yet, when I tunnel in by dial-up, the server seems to terminate the connection rather hastely.  Regular pop (110) works fine.  The above factors lead me to believe that this is not a certificate issue, but rather server security issue.  Any bright ideas?  The OE error msg is as below.  Any help would be appreciated.

------------

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail3', Server: 'tango', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

David Guest

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2002, 01:28:07 PM »
I have recently been excited by the concept of SSL email. Having read the boards and Damien and Shelby's HowTos on installing Secure Email and generating one's own certificates I am left with two problems.

1. I can get Outlook Express to connect to ssmtp without problem but have had not success with mozilla 1.2b. If someone has this working I will keep troubleshooting but I have currently run out of ideas. Port 465 just times out.

2. My new certificate works wells for apache but imaps presents me with the old XYZ corporation certificate. Where does qmail configure its certificate store?

David

Offline robwellesley

• +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 04:48:09 AM »
Quote from: "Shelby Moore"
I also have a solution for the Outlook problem.  You can find my approach here:

http://www.v-cut.com/SME/HowTo/SSL-Certificates-on-SME.htm

Shelby

Shelby, that link's broken.  Can you direct me to the file?

Cheers,
Rob

Offline crazybob

• +0/-0
    • Stalzer R&D
Just wondering about ssl
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 05:38:24 AM »
If you think you know whats going on, you obviously have no idea whats going on!