Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

disable Mailservice for a single domain on the server!?

Offline Rudi

• +0/-0
    • IT Consultant & Develpoment
disable Mailservice for a single domain on the server!?
« on: May 27, 2014, 09:46:34 AM »
Hi Everyone,
i have this problem :
on one server i have several clients with their domains and emails. But one client has his own mailserver, only the website is on my server. Now when one of the other emailadresses on this server wants to send him an email it comes back because the mailservice is not done on my server!!?

So the Question is:
Is it possible on SME 9 to configure the Server so that he exepts that he may react to web requests but accept that there is an external Mailserver for this domain!

Is this solvable? If so how?
Thanks in advance!

Offline mmccarn

• +10/-0
Re: disable Mailservice for a single domain on the server!?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 12:39:35 PM »
http://wiki.contribs.org/Email#Deliver_email_for_one_domain_to_an_internal_mail_server
(It says "internal", but it should work to forward mail to an off-site server, too).

Alternatively, create a custom version of /etc/e-smith/templates/var/service/tinydns/root/data/40mxRecords that outputs the correct mx record for the domain in question.

[edit]
Another option would be to NOT create the domain on your server, so that your server isn't creating any local DNS entries for it. Instead, use custom template fragments to create the httpd.conf settings you need to support the website for that domain.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 12:45:10 PM by mmccarn »

Offline nicolatiana

• +0/-0
Re: disable Mailservice for a single domain on the server!?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:55:36 AM »
suppose that customer-domain.com is the customer that has external mail server

Did You simply try in Server-Manager - Configuration - Hostname and addresses to configure mail.customer-domain.com, smtp.customer-domain.com, pop. ecc.. to point to the public IP where your customer's mail server resides ?

Nicola
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:40:11 PM by nicolatiana »
Consulente di Smeserver.it -  Soluzioni e supporto su Sme server in Italia.