Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Endpoint provisioning: Cisco 7911

Offline AusMounty

• +0/-0
Endpoint provisioning: Cisco 7911
« on: January 16, 2014, 11:34:02 PM »
Good morning all,

I have the SailPBX 4/SME 8 running and have the Cisco 7911 phones loading the chosen firmwares successfully however I seem to be running into a slight snag with the provisioning.

While the SIP<MAC>.cnf files are working, I cannot actually find a file the system is creating to handle the provisioning. When I go into the provisioning window in the extension the format is not using xml but rather:

["SIP$MAC.cnf"
; phone-specific configuration file sample

line1_name: "401" ; Line 1 ExtensionUser ID
line1_displayname: "" ; Line 1 Display Name
line1_shortname: "401"   ; Comment next to the button
line1_authname: "401" ; Line 1 Registration Authentication
line1_password: "6DPpT27c" ; Line 1 Registration Password
]

Does anyone happen to have a reference that they could provide to me with the available options/structure?

Thanks in advance,
David

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: Endpoint provisioning: Cisco 7911
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:41:19 AM »
Hi David

I think for this phone type you will need to create your own template.  You can simply write the xml you wish to push to the phone and use the symbolics $localip, $user, $password and $desc where you want sail to substitute values from the database.   It's pretty straightforward and there are lots of example templates to look at in the template section.

Kind Regards

S

Offline AusMounty

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 01:52:54 AM »
Much appreciated SARK devs,

you know after all the the time spent on this project I find out from the client they only want one physical IP phone (Yealink Video phone), a video IP intercom & 4 softphones (2 iPhones & 2 Android - decided on Vippie for the mobiles).

My boss will more than likely find somewhere for those Cisco's, I don't know - a door stop perhaps?!? ;)

Perhaps you might be able to assist with me on something else, I was using the Sail 3 previously however I ran the system updates from the server-manager and it canned out the server manager web interface yet not the SARK. So I opted to run the Sail 4, which is working however I am hoping that:
a. They have fixed that issue; and
b. I realize that the preference has been to use x86 base for this however I would really like to see a x86_64 production version of Sail. Just to make use of the newer hardware out there.

The deployment is purely sip based although the inclusion of a Digium/compatible card could well be included.

Looking forward to your response,
David
(aka AusMounty)

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 10:33:56 AM »
Hi

a. If I read that right, which is that you ran yum updates on the box; you can't run yum updates on an Asterisk box without causing problems for DAHDI.   There are lots of posts on here about the issues so you can read up on them to see why.

b. There is currently no 64 bit SME ISO with sail on it.   This is largely due to the fact that there is no benefit to be had from running it under 64 bit so we've never done it.  Maybe when we do the 8.1 ISO we'll cut both 32 and 64 bit.  If you feel you must have 64 bit then you can install Debian Sail which does have a 64 bit version.

Kind Regards
S     

Offline AusMounty

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 11:07:24 PM »
Thanks SARKS Devs,
I will have a look at the Debian version shortly. I suppose I am used to running the SME environment, have done since it was E-Smith 4.x!  :-)

Regards,
David
(aka AusMounty)