Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

V4.0 on the Raspberry Pi

Offline PWDasterisk

• +0/-0
V4.0 on the Raspberry Pi
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:16:37 AM »
I've been using SAIL V2 for about 4 years in production without issue, skipped V3 and decided to give V4 a try using the Raspberry Pi. The install was no problem except for the need to manually run the update_db.sh script to correct db errors which has already been mentioned in the forums. I'm assuming V4 is still somewhat beta.

These are a few issues I noticed when using the new version and admin panel:

In Globals there used to be a Dynamic Proxy Ignore List which I used to prevent errors in other services running on the SME server. Is this no longer an issue? I can't test at this time because the Pi is just a development platform so I'm not running other services in the background on it.

In Globals there used to be a field to specify the recording path. That option is no longer there and a search showed internal recordings in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor and external in /var/spool/asterisk/monout. Is this the correct logic to the final file placement? I read the AVR Wiki and couldn't find your MONITORSTAGE or MONITOROUT variables in any conf file and all the includes in features.conf are commented out?

The Class of Service Dialplan field is limited to a single contiguous string. Previously in V2 I could enter multiple strings separated by a space e.g. "_011. _1NXXXXXXXXX _91NXXXXXXXXX _891. _890. _7X.". In V4 once I enter a space after the first string I get a "field must be a valid asterisk dialplan ( _0-9XNZxnz.*#-[] )" error message. Is this a bug in the new version or is it a new policy to create multiple single string CoS rules?

The admin panel for Apps (which I knew as custom contexts) is missing the "Description" field so when a new App is created the Description shows up as "new row" and there is no way to edit or change it.

Notes:
I noticed there is now a strict enforcement of alphanumeric characters in almost all fields including descriptions which makes the fields less readable. I always used the "_" & "-" to make names and descriptors understandable to others who may have to make changes. What brought about this change? e.g  a route called "SIP-Domestic_USA" is self explanatory.

Does SARK/SAIL use the AEL parser (res_ael.so) for anything? It generates a lot of output when doing commits but I can't find anything that doesn't function after doing a noload=>res_ael.so in modules.conf.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:03:43 PM by PWDasterisk »
if at first you don't succeed then keep on reading until you do succeed...

Offline SARK devs

• +1/-0
    • http://sarkpbx.com
Re: V4.0 on the Raspberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 11:13:09 PM »
Hi there

Thanks for your input.  I'll try to deal with your questions in order

V4 is general release on the SARK200 embedded platform. It's doing very well in production and seems pretty rock solid. V4 is also in production at customer sites on both SME8 and Debian Wheezy.  It is performing well and can be considered production ready.   

Dynamic-proxy-ignore fixed an issue in V2.0 on SME, or at least, stuck a band-aid on it.  The problem was architecturally fixed in V3 so the ignore list was no longer needed.  V4 dynamic proxy is much the same as V3 so no list.

You cannot specify a recording path in V3/V4.   The recordings end up in /var/spool/asterisk/monout.   You can do what you wish with them thereafter, move them, age them, whatever.  MONITORSTAGE still exists but it always points to /var/spool/asterisk/monstage.  The recording mover will periodically move any amalgamated recordings from monstage to monout.

V4 is one dialplan per COS entry so you'll need multiple COS lines.

V4 makes extensive use of AJAX interaction with the server.  Any front-panel field rendered in blue can be double-clicked and changed in place.  The App description field is an AJAX field.  Simply double click it to change it and you will be presented with an edit box.

In the earlier V4 releases we did indeed enforce strict alphanumeric but it was relaxed in later releases to include underscores.   Which release do you have installed?

SAIL does not use AEL.  You can safely remove it from the Asterisk config as far as SAIL is concerned.

Kind Regards
S
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:49:04 AM by SARK devs »