Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Question about SMTP/Zarafa

Question about SMTP/Zarafa
« on: October 11, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have an SME Server running Zarafa and EZMLM.  I need to move Zarafa to another box, and was wondering how SME processes SMTP.  Will EZMLM still work? Can I use the delegate mail server function in SME to forward the email to Zarafa after it has been processed?

I guess I'm just wondering how I would go about doing this.

I hope it makes sense.

Thanks everyone

guest22

Re: Question about SMTP/Zarafa
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »
AFAIK Zarafa (Installed per the wiki intructions by frifri/Quick install script) respects all default SME Server functionality. Is there a way you can test on a virtual machine and test? And even let us know please?

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 09:04:26 PM »
I'm going to try.... but... it is going to be hard to do this at the moment. (lack of time).

If what I understand though, it *should* still work with ezmlm and smtp and send emails to the back end.

Is the Delegate mail server portion the place to be putting this? (The new Zarafa Email Server)

Thanks!

guest22

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 09:07:43 PM »
Is the Delegate mail server portion the place to be putting this? (The new Zarafa Email Server)

That is what I expect, again for SME functionality is not effected other then the specific Zarafa ports (See wiki)

ps. Meanwhile, many have Proxmox running as a playground providing Virtual Servers for test purposes...