Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

PHPki - OpenVPN-Bridge

Offline Drifting

• +0/-0
PHPki - OpenVPN-Bridge
« on: July 26, 2013, 02:58:25 PM »
Hi,

Have managed thanks to the excellent contribs to get a working openVPN up and running with my Mac, Linux, Windows, and Android devices. However I am being driven nuts by a problem trying to configure it on a SNOM 370 Voip phone. I have put a post in the other forum, and heard nothing as of yet.

However, not knowing a lot about OpenVPN, I was wondering if by using PEM certificates could be my issue? The documentation from SNOM :-

http://wiki.snom.com/Networking/Virtual_Private_Network_%28VPN%29

Have all the certificates ending in ".CRT" and the Key ending in ".key"  I did attempt at converting the certificates, which seemed to have worked. By using the following command on a Mac :-
openssl x509 -outform der -in voip1-key.pem -out voip1-key.crt

However when I tried to convert the key I got :-
openssl x509 -outform der -in voip2-key.pem -out voip2-key.key
unable to load certificate
4269:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line:/SourceCache/OpenSSL098/OpenSSL098-47.1/src/crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:648:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE

I am well over my knowledge now, and wondering if anyone could suggest where I might try now? Or even if changing the extensions would sort the problem.

Regards Paul.

Infamy, Infamy, they all have it in for me!

Offline Drifting

• +0/-0
Re: PHPki - OpenVPN-Bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 10:45:05 AM »
In case anyone else comes across this, the do not waste your time on a the wild goose chase I went on..
PEM are fine, it was the config file that it created by default that did not work with the Snoms

Offline Arnie

• +0/-0
  • Old Dog, New Tricks.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 03:06:39 AM »
Hi Drifting.

How did you get OpenVPN bridge working on an Android device? All the openVPN apps I've tried use the TUN interface and not the TAP, so they only work with OpenVPN tunneling (subnet to sunbet).

Offline Drifting

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 10:18:25 AM »
Not tried an Android phone yet, will give it a try for you when I get a chance as I have a spare Galaxy Note 2 knocking around. I did load the Openvpn App, but never got round to giving it a go.

P