Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Zarafa in db mode

Offline nadia678

• +0/-0
Zarafa in db mode
« on: August 15, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've done the zarafa installation on sme 8 using unix mode and used fetcmail to pull mail into the system without any problems. you basically just use fetcmail as per usual.

But now I want to try it using it with more than one company on the same sme server, using the db mode, how do you get the mail into the user mailbox with fetchmail?

Please explain it to me, I'm confused  :?

Thanks,
Nadia

Offline frifri

• +0/-0
Re: Zarafa in db mode
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 06:22:27 PM »
Hi Nadia,

This is more a fetchmail-question.  Why should this be more complicated than the way you used it with the Zarafa-unix-plugin ?
When using the DB-plugin in a Multi-company-setup, format of the SME/unix-username and the ZARAFA-username has to be [username].[companyname].  SME itself doesn't 'know' companies, only users and groups.  So, for SME it doesn't make a difference if you have more than one company in Zarafa.

Can you explain where you are confused ?

F.

Offline nadia678

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »
Hi,

I understand that your sme user and the user created under zarafa must be the same. what I cant figure out is how to get the sme to deliver mail to the "user.company" user created under zarafa :-?

Offline frifri

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »
1. Create a SME-user via Server-Manager, format [user].[company]
2. Create this [company] in Zarafa :
Code: [Select]
/etc/e-smith/events/actions/zarafa-create-company3. Create Zarafa-user (same as the user in 1, but in Zarafa).
/etc/e-smith/events/actions/zarafa-create-user
The scripts will call template /etc/e-smith/templates-user/.qmail/80Zarafa and a put a line in /home/e-smith/files/users/[user].[company]/.qmail :

| /usr/bin/zarafa-dagent -q [user].[company] ; if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then exit -1; else exit 99; fi;
F.