Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Time tracking SW

Offline stimzuk

• +0/-0
Time tracking SW
« on: June 06, 2013, 11:37:49 PM »
Hi, anybody with expirience with the Timetracking Software http://www.anuko.com/time_tracker/index.htm on the SME-Server 8?
This SW is very simple and fullfills all requirements for a small office. I have it installed on a Win7 standalone PC with XAMPP and it runs very fine.
But i cannot install it on the SME Server to have access from a SUSE Client in the SME-Network.. The System requirements should be fullfilled by the SME Server.
Any experience?
Or is there any other time tracking SW for the SME?

Offline wrc

• +0/-0
Re: Time tracking SW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:56:53 PM »
Yes, I installed Time Tracker successfully on SME Server 8.0 (after some troubleshooting).

The problem is that PEAR that comes with SME conflicts with the PEAR integrated inside Time Tracker, and if you use wrong PEAR, the app does not work, may show a blank page in dbinstall.php.

To solve this problem change the first line in Time Tracker config.php

set_include_path(get_include_path() . PATH_SEPARATOR . realpath(dirname(__FILE__).'/lib/pear'));

so that it becomes

set_include_path(realpath(dirname(__FILE__).'/lib/pear') . PATH_SEPARATOR . get_include_path());

This should fix the PEAR issue.

I will try to prepare a more detailed description of the installation process with screenshots and post a link here.

Offline wrc

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 12:49:17 AM »
See if this manual can help.

It assumes that you have set_include_path() correctly as per above.

Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 03:27:19 PM by wrc »

Offline stimzuk

• +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »
Perfect! Thank you very much!!
Only one small problem: I have started already with Timetracker on an standalone Win7-PC with XAMPP ans i have alreday data there. Can i export and import the data somehow to move it on the sme server?
Thanks

Offline wrc

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »
Can i export and import the data somehow to move it on the sme server?

Sure. Just export the existing data to an XML file and then login as admin to Time Tracker and import data from that file. See How to Migrate.

Hope it helps.

Offline stimzuk

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
Hi, thank you very much. I did exactly what is in the instructions. And both SW-versions are the same. But when i try to import on the target system i get the error message "Fehler beim hochladen einer Datei" what means something like " error during upload of file".
Any help? How i get more detailed error infos?

Offline stimzuk

• +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »
Hi, some more information from my side. When i export the date from the Win7-PC and i try to import it on the SME-Server i get the obove error message. But when i make a new team on the SME-Server and i export it and import it on the Win7-PC it works.
Why does it work in one direction and not in the other also?

Offline wrc

• +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 10:29:41 PM »
Hi, some more information from my side. When i export the date from the Win7-PC and i try to import it on the SME-Server i get the obove error message. But when i make a new team on the SME-Server and i export it and import it on the Win7-PC it works.
Why does it work in one direction and not in the other also?

The problem is that with the default settings on SME server an uploaded file cannot be saved.

You have to modify this behaviour as described here. It looks like you need to create a file /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/php.ini/12phptmpfolder with this line in it:

upload_tmp_dir = /tmp

And then execute

signal-event console-save

I did these steps and now can import the data. This Manual is now updated and includes this additional step.

Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:00:35 PM by wrc »

Offline stimzuk

• +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »
Perfect! Thank you  very much! I helped.
Best regards.

Offline stimzuk

• +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 06:40:54 PM »
Hi wrc, another question. I want to generate a odt-file out of the invoice in timetracker.
Any help how i can generate a odt-textfile on sme server with php?
Thanks for help.

Online Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 08:12:56 PM »
Hi wrc, another question. I want to generate a odt-file out of the invoice in timetracker.
Thanks for help.

thii is php related, not SME.. you should really ask/search google

Offline wrc

• +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 02:48:07 AM »
Thanks for help.

At the moment, the Time Tracker app does not provide conversion to ODT format. Some additional coding is required for this.