Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

*** SOLVED *** Help needed with ISP email forwarding

Offline SchulzStefan

• +0/-0
*** SOLVED *** Help needed with ISP email forwarding
« on: June 10, 2013, 12:06:44 AM »
The box is a SME 8.0 up-to-date.

I've got two domains hosted by an ISP. Say one is named 123.de, the other 456.de. In the SME server I created a virtual domain named 123.de and another virtual domain 456.de. The server is fetching all emails from the 123.de (ISP hosted) domain, and delivers every mail from this domain correct to the users on the server.

Now as the server can only fetch from one domain the emails, I forward all email from the 456.de domain to the 123.de domain. Both ISP hosted email accounts are catchall accounts. The email account names do not match any user on the server.

If I try to email to a real user on the server, say donald.duck@456.de, the email is forwarded to the donald.duck@123.de domain, and the server fetches the email. But the email is not being delivered to the real existing donald.duck@456.de. No local user does exist... So the email is delivered to the admin.

I thought, emails to existing users, with email adress to a virtual email account, will be delivered?

All emails to the 123.de domain, which is not forwarded but also virtual, is delivered correct.

Any help would be nice. Thanks in advance,
stefan
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:00:38 PM by SchulzStefan »
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

Time, 1973
(Mason, Waters, Wright, Gilmour)

Offline SchulzStefan

• +0/-0
Re: *** SOLVED *** Help needed with ISP email forwarding
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 01:05:04 PM »
It's not a SME-Server thing, it depends on fetchmail. Got it from here:

http://fetchmail.berlios.de/fetchmail-FAQ.html#M7

In the settings for email retrieving, in the field "header" for multidrop I inserted following rule:

'envelope 1 Received' or 'envelope 2 Received'

Seems to work now.

stefan

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

Time, 1973
(Mason, Waters, Wright, Gilmour)