Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Is the latest update to qmail/qpsmtpd broken?

Offline Laager

• +0/-0
Is the latest update to qmail/qpsmtpd broken?
« on: May 07, 2013, 06:45:51 AM »
Sending from webmail results in double emails being sent, or least that's what is happening with my system. Anyone else having the same problem? (Before I report a bug).

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
Re: Is the latest update to qmail/qpsmtpd broken?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:32:55 AM »
please open a bug, thank you

Offline Laager

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:29:26 AM »
Is there a reason to submit a bug?

From what I see, every time someone posts on this forum with a problem we hear 'do a search' or 'research first'. Hardly friendly. Yet, when I ask if anyone else has a problem (before submitting a bug and wasting valuable time) I'm told 'report a bug'.

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 09:54:18 AM »
Is there a reason to submit a bug?

yes: you'll be steered to find a solution an devs could solve the issue for you and for everybody

as long as you did not broke anything manually (i.e. if you simply keep up to date your server) everything should just work..
if it doesn't, you must submit a bug

From what I see, every time someone posts on this forum with a problem we hear 'do a search' or 'research first'.

that's because 99.999% of questions has already been asked and aswered..
that's because sometimes people coming here doesn't read anything: just download, install and at the first issue (due to lack of knowledge) come here and ask..

Hardly friendly. Yet, when I ask if anyone else has a problem (before submitting a bug and wasting valuable time) I'm told 'report a bug'.

you've been told why.. now, please, would you kindly open a  bug? qpsmtpd is a critical daemon.. if something is broken we must know and solve it asap

thank you

Offline Laager

• +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:26:41 PM »
...that's because sometimes people coming here doesn't read anything: just download, install and at the first issue (due to lack of knowledge) come here and ask..
Wow. They actually come to the forum and ask? How inconsiderate of them.

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 11:21:28 PM »
Laager

I'm quite sure that you misunderstood my words or, likely, you are trolling.

I'm also sure that you (generally speaking) would read the user manual of your new car, dishwasher, washing machine, TV, BlueRay player, whatever.

so, tell me why you (generally speaking) should not be expected to read the documentation before posting here..

we are talking about a S E R V E R distribution, not a new version of MineSweeper

now, I don't see any reference of the bug in your previous post.. could you please file a bug and report here the reference for future readers?

thank you