Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

How to share any path on the SME filesystem?????

Offline donavon

• +0/-0
How to share any path on the SME filesystem?????
« on: May 07, 2013, 03:18:20 PM »
Not sure if this will make me sound stupid.....

I really need to create a samba share for the location "/var/affa"...does anyone know how to get this done, without loosing the changes the next time the system reconfigured?????

I have affa installed here and just want to share the backup data so I can get access to it from a windows machine.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

-donavon

Offline janet

• +0/-0
Re: How to share any path on the SME filesystem?????
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:45:55 PM »
donavon

That is a setting in the backup job file, & subsequently in the affa job database file

Please carefully read the Affa contrib wiki article, a link to contribs articles is at top of forum
Please search before asking, an answer may already exist.
The Search & other links to useful information are at top of Forum.

Offline idp_qbn

• +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:55:47 PM »
Donovan
Use WinSCP on your Windows PC. Connect to the affa server then logon as "admin"... and you can navigate anywhere in the SME filesystem and copy files to or from it.

But WHY?

Use the proper AFFA recovery procedures (read the documentation) to get recover any lost files.
If you start meddling ..... sorry ...inventing your own ways ... then no-one else can help when it goes wrong.
Remember the old saying "Be careful what you wish for, it may be granted...."

Have a look at your statement "I really need to".... Do you really NEED to, or is it just you WANT to because you didn't know how to recover lost files using AFFA.
As Janet said, read the AFFA contrib article carefully. It is all explained there.

Good luck
Ian

Offline Stefano

• +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 11:25:10 PM »
I would add that affa files are "backup files".. and nobody should never touch them :-)