Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Coova Chilli Hotspot Graphical Interface

Offline ber

• +0/-0
Coova Chilli Hotspot Graphical Interface
« on: April 22, 2013, 01:50:33 PM »
Hi noted that the coova-chilli contrib has no GUI. Are  there any plans to include a panel to monitor wifi users who have authentication.

Are there any other software that can be used to do this. Ive noted on the contrib wiki there is a note regarding an option for a panel i.e.

There's no panel for the configuration for now, but the it's quite easy with some db commands.

Can anyone advise how to do this?

My system is a 7.6 in server/gateway mode.

Thanks.

Offline ber

• +0/-0
Re: Coova Chilli Hotspot Graphical Interface
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:14:59 AM »
Hi update on the issue- I have installed the contrib on my 7.6 server in gateway mode and the additional interface. Some devices are able to get internet access but not others. The devices authenticate via the wifi accesspoint. It gets an IP address but cannot display any web pages. The devices can be Laptops or Smartphones- some get access and not others.

I cant ping the server or internet servers. DNS doesnt seem to be the cause??

How can i best troubleshoot this with coova chilli. I was able to resolve this on a M$ Laptop by clearing the wirteless profile and then reconnecting. I got the login page and it was fine from there. The others I avent been able to resolve by doing this.

The request for a GUI was to better manage the access and maybe help with quick troubleshooting.

Any help appreciated.