Koozali.org: home of the SME Server

Cooperative / Colinux anybody?

Offline purvis

• +0/-0
Cooperative / Colinux anybody?
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:20:45 PM »
After dabbling around and reading web stuff on  Colinux for about 5 hours.  I am surprised nobody here has mentioned it.

From what saw and read. It could be a very valuable tool to sme developerr, users and learners.
I loaded Colinux up  on my celeron   single  processor laptop.
I was surprised at the low CPU usage and memory it let me run Linux with and the ease of running several Linux versions.

I have some good words for Colinux but I have a few things yet try out first so I can be more useful to you if things work out as I plan to try.

But I needed to know if anybody has some  information on running Colinux or settings with what  sme people  could use.
Does anybody have a howto with colinux and sme to save me a lot of time.
I would be greatful.

I will  write back soon.
Colinux runs under windows.
The very small basics of Colinux is you install Colinux then install a file used for a virtual drive and a batch file that starts a linux operating system using a few parameters. For parameters, you can use a configuration file.

You can easily stop and start up another operating.
It does not require me to loading a bunch of stuff into my window operating system.
I have  SSD drives in my laptop and shuffling  test sme and other operating systems should be a breeze.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:23:38 PM by purvis »